TDOC in reverse-Day 9
Well it's day 9 of TDOC and coming to day 3 of NYC-run amok.
Today is my Sunday and I'm trying to figure out how I'm getting to work tomorrow from CT. Is MTA running? Am I getting to my apartment and then walking to work? Am I spending my month's savings (what I would have spent on a fun new restaurant) on a cab? Ugh! What a pain! Thank goodness I at least had a 24-hour hiatus from the mess.
In light of my cooking adventures today, I chose a gift that would have helped me tremendously in the kitchen. See below. I decided to make cookies for work tomorrow (see tomorrow's post for recipes based on reactions:) and had a hard time finding counter space for the cooling racks. I mean, I just couldn't bring myself to throw them on the floor or on the sofa. Mona could have used this nifty system ahead of time:

"On the ninth day of Christmas my true love sent to me, nine 3-tiered cooling racks,
eight Turkish grinders,
seven "O" wine tumblers,
six picnic baskets,
five c-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-pper pots,
four wine chillers
three champagne cans,
two Jenn Attrezzis,
and a cool coffee-makin' Keurig."
I can't think of anyone who's really cookie-crazed at the moment. So these cooling racks go to all my NYWB (New Yorkers Who Blog ), to help us get through the recent strike-enduced chaos.
Hopefully this virtual gift will make you smile...
even though the transit strike is making us walk that extra mile.
Today is my Sunday and I'm trying to figure out how I'm getting to work tomorrow from CT. Is MTA running? Am I getting to my apartment and then walking to work? Am I spending my month's savings (what I would have spent on a fun new restaurant) on a cab? Ugh! What a pain! Thank goodness I at least had a 24-hour hiatus from the mess.
In light of my cooking adventures today, I chose a gift that would have helped me tremendously in the kitchen. See below. I decided to make cookies for work tomorrow (see tomorrow's post for recipes based on reactions:) and had a hard time finding counter space for the cooling racks. I mean, I just couldn't bring myself to throw them on the floor or on the sofa. Mona could have used this nifty system ahead of time:

"On the ninth day of Christmas my true love sent to me, nine 3-tiered cooling racks,
eight Turkish grinders,
seven "O" wine tumblers,
six picnic baskets,
five c-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-pper pots,
four wine chillers
three champagne cans,
two Jenn Attrezzis,
and a cool coffee-makin' Keurig."
I can't think of anyone who's really cookie-crazed at the moment. So these cooling racks go to all my NYWB (New Yorkers Who Blog ), to help us get through the recent strike-enduced chaos.
Hopefully this virtual gift will make you smile...
even though the transit strike is making us walk that extra mile.



10 Comments:
Oh Mona! I hope this strike mess ends already :( Hang in there! The cookie racks are cool, but way cool is the turkish grinder from you post below...wow! Gotta find myself one of those! :)
Thanks, Mona! We obviously need all the love we can get. Good luck getting to work tomorrow!
You know, the same thought crossed my mind last night when every available kitchen/dining room surface was strewn with trays and cooling cookies.
I heard that some of the strikers are going back to work tomorrow- hopefully in your area!
Joey, so do I!! I think it might be over very soon! Just in time for me to get a safe subway ride home tonight after a holiday party:)
Coodence, ha your'e so welcome! Made it to work after an hour and a half walk-good times!!! How about you?
S'kat, that's so funny! Well I'm glad this gift was timely for your kitchen too:) And yes, I think the strike is on the outs...
mmmm us gals... (damn, even I'm getting confused now! ;-)) guys love our cookies.
I hope they're nice and gooey.
nazca, you are too funny! yes they were:) ha!
Watched the news this am and saw all these folks walking to work...in such cold! I'm thinking about you and hoping it all ends soon.
Take care...
Aw Janice, you're so sweet ! Thanks!! We're just thinking of it as good exercise. Breaking news telling us the strike is over. It's just gonna take a while for train/bus to get working back to normal.
Those stacking cooling racks are available at K-Mart, under the Martha Stewart brand, if you can believe that... And yeah, they're great.
Harlan, oh really? That's awesome! Good to know, I think I'm just gonna hurl all the old ones out the window and buy these guys.
Paz, thanks girlfriend.
Post a Comment
<< Home