Sunday, December 25, 2005

Mona-by-the-Sea

I hope those who celebrate Christmas have had a very merry one, as I have.

Dad mentioned he had a great name for anything I posted from our little village Carmel-by-the-Sea. He said, "Mon, you have to start a new category of posts from California and call them Mona-by-the-Sea." I loved the idea so here goes nuthin'.

Here's a little photoblog of my day today.


A big chunk from this colossal candied apple helped me get through 7 A.M. mass.




The view from the start of my Christmas hike with Mom through Point Lobos.


Me just being silly and Mom hoping to score a wave crashing behind me.


The Whaler Cabin


I saw this rock formation in the cliffs and called it the "Secret Doorway."




The staircase to China Beach (and to very sore legs tomorrow)




The fence we followed home.

11 Comments:

Blogger Nazca said...

Wow, that looks great! Perfect scenery to walk all day in... it'll make room for leftovers anyway! Anyone for cold brussel sprouts?! :-)

6:11 AM  
Blogger Kalyn Denny said...

What great photos. It looks like a wonderful place for a vacation.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Shelly said...

I love Mona-by-the-sea! Good idea DAD!!!!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

Nazca, exactly! My mom said as soon as we walked in the door, well we can eat whatever the heck we want now..after a 3hr walk? Darn Tootin!

Kalyn, it is a wonderful place, and to my mom and dad their dream spot.

Melissa, aw thanks :) Dad's laughin at these comments. He had no idea I was mentioning him in the blog. That is too funny about your 2hr mass. My goodness. I was a little hungover from the night before, still jet-lagged and I needed some kind of sugar to help me stay awake through mass:)

Indy, thanks so much!! Again, my Dad is cracking up.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Hey Mona - I am going to NY for the first time ever next year so I am going to have to start reading through your archives.
Have a great 2006.
sam

4:35 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

California is grand eh?

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mona! Glad to hear you had a great holidays :) The scenery looks amazing!

7:04 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

First time ever Sam? You're kidding. That is great. Well I hope I can be of help if you're looking for fun places to eat:)

Greg, oh yes it is!!

Joey, I am taking it all in because in 2 days I will be flying back to NY. I mean, I know the city scenery has its own appeal but nothing like the cliffs of Big Sur.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

Did Naz just say brussel sprouts? i think i gagged a little. You look like you had a fabulous time out there with your mum! definitely a happy day :)

3:37 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

Catesa, I know, right? He has been killing me lately:) Thanks for visiting. And yes it was so much fun, I'm so sad to be back in NY...it went by way too fast!!

6:31 PM  
Blogger Coodence said...

Oh California. The Pacific really is beautiful. Sigh. Happy New Year, Mona! Hope your 2006 kicks bootie.

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.