Friday, December 23, 2005

TDOC-Day 11

Happy Friday everyone!

If you're at work, I hope you're done soon.
If you're traveling to your holiday destination, I hope you have a safe trip.
If you're just taking a break from the kitchen chaos, I hope you'll head back soon because Uncle Johnny is begging for some more cookies and eggnog :)

TDOC.

"On the 11th day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, 11 Wusthof kni-ives,


ten Jan dish towels,
nine 3-tiered racks,
eight Turkish grinders,
seven "O" wine tumblers,
six picnic baskets,
five c-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-pper pots,
four wine chillers,
three champagne cans,
two Jenn Attrezzis,
and a cool coffee-makin' Keurig."

I don't care what you say. I think Wusthof knives are the best. And there's nothing better than a KICK-BUTT knife when you're mincing garlic, slicing some tomatoes for caprese, cutting bites of a steak au poivre, carving your turducken, or cutting up a fine Poilane baguette.

When I think of knives I think of meat for some reason. And I know a guy who loves his meat, specifically his barbecue. These knives go to Backyard Chef. Merry Christmas BC!!


9 Comments:

Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Holy Moses! I just saw this, this evening. I'm all ferklempt. Thank you! I have some barbecue for you when you get back!

Aw, shucks.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

Oh my goodness. I can't believe it.
I totally thought you wouldn't see this until New Year's '08. HA!
NICE!
Merry Christmas, have a great holiday. I'm an hour away from leavin the office. GOING CRAZY!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Kalyn Denny said...

I'm so glad you survived the strike. Have a great Christmas. (I want those knives!!)

7:20 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

Kalyn, thanks Kalyn:) Me too!! My parents have a knife block ( I do not) but theirs is NOT as cool as the Wusthof block...

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mona!
Merry Christmas!! I hope Swimster will be back with you soon. I send you my best wishes!!I LOVE those knives!! Besos
Tattum

7:30 AM  
Blogger Nazca said...

Best investment I ever made was getting my Global knife. Good old Japanese steel :-)

I only cook so I have an excuse to use my knife :D

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see what's in store for the 12th day of Xmas! You probably know I'm a knife geek and, though I prefer other knives when I work at restaurants, I do tend to use my Wusthof more often than any other at home. You can't go wrong with a Wusthof.

I want to wish you a happy holiday season. The best Xmas I ever had was spent in NYC, just a few months after 9/11 (I'm glad to hear that the transportation strike is over). I look forward to reading more of your fun blog in the coming year!

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS MONA! Have a great Christmas! I'm in the ville, nursing a hangover as a result of too many car bombs last night. I'm off to look at Christmas lights and then to church! Tell your fam Merry Christmas for me! Love, Malibu

6:17 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

Thank you all for your kind words and Christmas wishes!!

Tattum, besos to you too! And Feliz Navidad:)

Naz, oh phew. You approved of this present! Ha.

Brett, you are too kind. Thanks for visiting. You were in NYC in '01 huh? Glad to know it was such a memorable one. I am in Carmel, CA right now and my first stop the girl was going on about how she wanted to spend Christmas in NYC, just once! Funny now that I live there and know how crowded it gets I can't wait to get away during Christmas :)

Malibuuuuuuuu! Merry Christmas girlfriend! I'm so excited to hear about your first engaged Christmas. So exciting. How are you balancing out the families this year? Am in CA right now will hope to talk to you when I get back.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.