"On the twelfth day of Christmas...."
Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it!
And Happy Hannukah, as I believe it starts tomorrow :)
Day 12 of TDOC is finally here, and sadly over already for those of you on the east coast!
I'm sorry it took me so long to post today!
I arrived safe and sound in California and am sitting down for a brief moment before passing out from being up for almost 24 hours.
Tucker the big kitty is sitting next to me playing with my computer wire. Oh my goodness, can I finally participate in Weekend Cat Blogging?!?!? YES!!!! I wonder if I could squeeze in a hummingbird to the animal posting thing, since one's been buzzing outside our front door on the sugar syrup, like me buzzing on the eggnog this weekend...
So what is the last thing on the gift list?
Mom says a Cuisinart. I liked the idea but wasn't sold.
What do I really wish I could give you all?
Peace, love, happiness, prosperity, and warmth this holiday season with friends and family, and to last you the rest of your long lives.
But Mona has to start small.
So instead, I'm going to go with something I am truly in need of EVERY time I hop in the kitchen (besides a big ol' glass of red wine) to attempt one of my favorite desserts: apple pie or crumble.
And in honor of bearing "apple" in my blog title, I decided to go with something apple-themed. My co-worker suggested this the other day and I am just now taking him up on it.
"On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love sent to me, twelve lords a' leapin'...'"
Oh wait, that's the real version.
Let's try again.
"On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love sent to me, twelve apple peelers,

eleven Wusthof knives,
ten Jan dish towels,
nine 3-tiered racks,
eight Turkish grinders,
seven "O" wine tumblers,
six picnic baskets,
five c-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-pper pots,
four wine chillers,
three champagne cans,
two Jenn Attrezzis,
and a cool coffee-makin' Keurig."
Today there is nobody I'd rather share this gift with than you all, my loyal blogging friends, who come to my site day in and day out. Thank you so much for your support and I hope you like apple desserts, because you're sure to crank out lots of clean-shaven apples with this little apparatus.
Here's to many more friendships via the comment section and beyond and here's to wishing you tons of traffic on ALL your sites.
"Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!"
And Happy Hannukah, as I believe it starts tomorrow :)
Day 12 of TDOC is finally here, and sadly over already for those of you on the east coast!
I'm sorry it took me so long to post today!
I arrived safe and sound in California and am sitting down for a brief moment before passing out from being up for almost 24 hours.
Tucker the big kitty is sitting next to me playing with my computer wire. Oh my goodness, can I finally participate in Weekend Cat Blogging?!?!? YES!!!! I wonder if I could squeeze in a hummingbird to the animal posting thing, since one's been buzzing outside our front door on the sugar syrup, like me buzzing on the eggnog this weekend...
So what is the last thing on the gift list?
Mom says a Cuisinart. I liked the idea but wasn't sold.
What do I really wish I could give you all?
Peace, love, happiness, prosperity, and warmth this holiday season with friends and family, and to last you the rest of your long lives.
But Mona has to start small.
So instead, I'm going to go with something I am truly in need of EVERY time I hop in the kitchen (besides a big ol' glass of red wine) to attempt one of my favorite desserts: apple pie or crumble.
And in honor of bearing "apple" in my blog title, I decided to go with something apple-themed. My co-worker suggested this the other day and I am just now taking him up on it.
"On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love sent to me, twelve lords a' leapin'...'"
Oh wait, that's the real version.
Let's try again.
"On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love sent to me, twelve apple peelers,

eleven Wusthof knives,
ten Jan dish towels,
nine 3-tiered racks,
eight Turkish grinders,
seven "O" wine tumblers,
six picnic baskets,
five c-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-pper pots,
four wine chillers,
three champagne cans,
two Jenn Attrezzis,
and a cool coffee-makin' Keurig."
Today there is nobody I'd rather share this gift with than you all, my loyal blogging friends, who come to my site day in and day out. Thank you so much for your support and I hope you like apple desserts, because you're sure to crank out lots of clean-shaven apples with this little apparatus.
Here's to many more friendships via the comment section and beyond and here's to wishing you tons of traffic on ALL your sites.
"Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!"



10 Comments:
Merry Christmas Mona! That was fun reading your TDOC presents. I liked them all!
Hi Mona,
I love your Twelve Days of kitchen Christmas. Wishing you a wonderfully delicious holiday season. Thanks for helping to make my blog, Farmgirl Fare, one of the most enjoyable things I have ever done. All the best to you!
Merry Christmas. That was a fun ending. I hope you have a great day.
Merry Christmas Mona! I like that end to your 12 days gift extravaganza. It was fun to read and wonder what you'd put up next.
You guys are the best :)
Fishtaxi, thanks for the fun wishes:) I hope you're having a wonderful Christmas in Alaska!
Paz, thank you so much. "Oooh I get by with a little help from my friends..." Merry merry to you too! Hope it's beautiful this weekend in NY.
Farmgirl, I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I already had a delicious dinner last night, more deliciousness on its way today. All the best to you as well on the farm!
Kalyn, Merry Christmas to you too! Got through 7am mass and now we're off to hike Pt . Lobos. No presents yet b /c my brother is working until noon but more fun is surely on the way :)
Rose, ha, glad you liked it. I know the apple peeler isn't all that fancy but wanted to stick to the apple theme for the ending. How were the rest of your exams? Hope they went well and you're at home now recovering with your family:)
Hope everyone's having a joyous day. I had so much to be thankful for this morning I was getting teary-eyed in mass...
Oh my finals are over thank heavens! I literally put the books away from sight.
I'm actually a latke girl, so I'm joining the family for the traditional jewish feast for Christmas: Chinese dim sum :-)
Have a great time in Cali--I hope the weather is better than here!
Mona,
What a great Twelve Days! I hope that you have a wonderful holiday season.
Fruit?! And you were getting so near with the knives! :-)
Happy Xmas! Hope you stuffed yourself rotten (that's what Christmas is all about after all)
You know, somewhere I have one of those peelers, and have never used it. Merry Christmas!
Rose, that is so funny! Well happy Hannukah. I love it, my family ate Chinese tonight too!!
Ed Tep, thanks so much! And to you too!
Nazca, you crack me up. Stuffed and drank myself rotten. Actually, drank more last night so kept things tame tonight :)
Sweetnicks, ha! Maybe this will inspire you to dig it out. Or maybe you are the Meg Ryan Sleepless in Seattle type who can peel an apple in one single strand of skin.
Post a Comment
<< Home