Sunday, December 18, 2005

TDOC in reverse-Day 6

Christmas is only a week away. Time to start pulling my hair out and wishing for the credit card fairy to visit my apartment.
Where are you in your holiday gift-buying?
I'm a little behind, but procrastination is my middle name and I feel the good gift ideas don't hit me until the ninth hour.

Time for TDOC.

"On the sixth day of Christmas my true love sent to me........ a great big picnic basket.


5 c-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-pper pots,
4 wine chillers,
3 pink champagne cans,
2 Jenn Attrezzis,
and a cool coffee makin' Keurig."

I'm a sucker for picnics and wicker baskets. This one hails from Williams Sonoma. I'm always up for picking out good eats and drinks and packing them away for a fun afternoon. Come to think of it, it's been a really long time since my last picnic. Swimster and I enjoyed fromage and pate over a chair in the Jardin du Luxembourg almost two years ago (where my profile picture is from). In honor of Swimster's finals being over, and our first picnic together, I would like to virtually send this gift his way. He is in a plane headed to London right now, but I know when he gets back to the States, and when springtime comes, we would put this to good use. (Mona's gift confession: I admit to sometimes giving gifts I know I'll get to use! Ha!)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mona! that picnic basket is soooo lovely! It was quite funny, if you come in a couple of hours to my blog you'll see why. Is the first step to enjoy with Swimster, I hope he will not be away for long. Alvaro is also in a plane right now, heading to Paris.... Besos

4:03 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

Oh goodie. Can't wait-I will be there :) Oh no, Alvaro's going to be in Paris, huh? That's fun, but not for you of course. Swimster is in London for a week then to CA. I hope I'll get to see him in 10 days or so! Thanks for visiting!

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smart girl, giving gifts you know you'll get to use! LOL!

Paz ;-)

5:43 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

You know it Paz!!

6:09 PM  
Blogger MeBeth said...

I wondered about your adorable profile photo, sounds like it was a great picnic!

12:12 AM  
Blogger Gia-Gina said...

This is so adroable, now are you off to find someone to have a picnic with or is that part already taken care of?

5:02 AM  
Blogger Mona said...

Mebeth, thanks :) Yes, that is what it's from.

Gia Gina, I do have someone to share the picnic with, though he's in absentia the moment, just on xmas vacation. Swimster is the lucky man though-ha!

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a great looking picnic basket...smart move getting something you'll both use and enjoy :)

11:27 AM  
Blogger sailu said...

Lovely gift..just love that basket..:)

8:41 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

Joey, ha, I know, right? Thanks girlfriend.

Sailu, thanks for visiting. I got this for someone as a wedding gift and I've always wanted one of my own:)

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.