TDOC in reverse-Day 10
"On the tenth day of Christmas my true love sent to me, 10 Jan dish towels,
nine 3-tiered racks,
eight Turkish grinders,
seven "O" wine tumblers,
six picnic baskets,
five c-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-pper pots,
four wine chillers,
three champagne cans,
two Jenn Attrezzis,
and a cool coffee-makin' Keurig."
I asked a co-worker for some help, and he laughed and gave me some great recommendations: lobster crackers, salad spinners, popcorn makers, and even corny aprons. All to go along with the tune of the original song. I'm very impressed. And while I didn't use these items in today's gift, the apron idea led me to my favorite linen store in the whole wide world: Jan de Luz (for the francophobes it's pronounced zhäN-da-lüz). This adorable gift shop is located in the town of Carmel, CA, where I'm headed for the Christmas holidays in less than 48 hours. I have bought many a wedding present at this spot and what better way to give them a little publicity than by including them in my countdown.
They have all different varieties of linens and designs. My favorite are the grape towels, one for each wine of choice. My favorite part is the box it comes in.
Today the recipient of the linens goes to my good friend KZ. It's her birthday today and am sad I won't get to see her, but will offer this to her as a sort of makeshift birthday present. Happy Birthday KZ!!
9 Comments:
HOORAY is right! That strike was CRAZY! I was talking to a client of mine in NYC and she was about to go crazy! I will not complain about having to drive my car in the snow anymore!
PS I have those cooling racks, THEY ROCK! I use to live in a cracker box and they were very handy!
I'm so glad its over, although I was using that long cold walk to justify eating an additional meal every day.
I'm so glad for you that this mess is over.
Hey -- I've been to that shop in Carmel. Perfect!
Hope you have a wonderful Holiday, Mona.
Indyfoodie, oh no, really? HA! That's great. I pitched a story for a segment in our show and we're adding up how many miles we all walked this week. Should be pretty funny and high.
Mebeth, I know, right? At least we're all in great shape for this weekend's gluttony!
Paz, haa:) Thanks!
Janice, are you serious! AAH! That is too funny:) Great minds think alike.
Hi Mona! I love your twelve days of Christmas series, what a great idea! The only bad part is that I see so many things I want to buy myself... I love those Riedel stemless wineglassess too, and in fact last time I was in Seattle I managed to find some almost identical ones for a fraction of the price at Cost Plus World Market. Better for this house since they usually last about a month before they're broken!
Merry Christmas!
Melissa, glad you've been enjoying the gift ideas. Very cool you found a cheaper version of the glasses. That's great! And I hear you on the breakage.
Merry Christmas to you too!!
Tea towels?! you can do better than that!!!!
Nazca, oh snap Naz. You're in trouble now!
Melissa, thanks so much. You too!!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend celebrating with friends and family.
Post a Comment
<< Home