Too Much Information Meme
Amy of California Eating tagged me for this fun meme "a long, long time ago...I can still remember..."
Simple rules: post ten weird and random facts about yourself. At the end, list the names of the five people you tagged. It doesn't have to be food related.
In no particular order:
9-I pack water bottles filled with wine when going to movie theaters with friends.
8-If I buy popcorn or bring food to a theater, I won't eat it until the movie starts (as in, I won't eat during previews. I wait until the credits start).
7-I've lived in California, Connecticut, France, Virginia, Colorado, and New York. And would move back to any of these places in a heartbeat.
6-Fall is my favorite season.
5-I hope to write a novel someday.
4-I have a steel plate and screws in my left arm. I broke it snowboarding in Snowmass, CO (where I lived in CO). I used to have a card to show to airport security, telling them I had metal under my skin. That went with the stolen wallet New Year's Eve '05 :(
3-I ran the Big Sur Marathon in April '03. I was supposed to be in a relay but ended up doing the entire thing in 4 hrs 28 minutes. I hope to run the NYC Marathon this November, which reminds me, I have to check out the website.
2-I sang the "National Anthem" at the MCI Center. And I've sung in three friends' weddings.
1-Someday I want a house big enough to hold the following: an Old English bulldog and a St. Bernard. I would also like a farm to go with that house for pigs, sheep, and horses.
I tag...
Paz, CookieCrumb, Rose, S'kat, and Janice.
28 Comments:
Oh, wow! Tagged? LOL! I'm going to have to try to think about something to interesting to write. Hmmm...
When my sister was sick in the hospital, she liked to eat Wendy's chili. I used to go out and buy it from the Wendy's across from the hospital for her. I swear it played a big part in her get better. ;-)
I look forward to reading your novel.
Can you get a new card to show airport security re: your arm? Or will it be a pain trying to get it?
I'll be cheering for you when you rn the NYC marathon. Go for it!
You sing? Cool! How nice to sing at friends' weddings. When I need a singer, I know who I'm going to call...
Besos,
Paz
Paz, I always love reading your comments:) Thanks for taking the time to write. And very funny about your sister. I hope it was nothing that she still suffers from. Not sure on the card front for my arm. I will look into it though...such a pain!
OK, I'll play. (As soon as I can get Mrs D to stop bullying me into inventing recipes with weird ingredients!) Soon. And thanks!
cc
Ha, what is Mrs. D doing? Making anything exciting this evening?
Oh my gosh, my first tag! I'm so new to this, Mona -- hope I can find 5 to tag!
Yea, Wendy's Chili -- I always dip my fries in it. When I'm too tired to cook after work, and it's cold outside, I can leave work, hit the Wendy's and be home in my jammies dipping fries in about 10 minutes. Perfect!
Cool list, Mona! You and I are of like minds on #9 as well. I use the smaller-sized Perrier bottles.
I love this meme.
And now I have a new thing to try - wine snuck into theatres.
As for Wendy's chili - I used to love it until my daughter worked there and changed my mind. Still I do crave that flavor.
Thanks for sharing.
Janice, there is always a first for everything, right? If you can't come up with five which I'm sure you will, just pick a few people. No big deal:) Love you and jammies and chili.
S'kat, yay I am not alone! Ha!
Ruth, thanks for checking it out!
I know, I avoided it for a while after the finger incident. But have gone back on the chili train since :)
That is the cutest, smooshiest puppy face..... awww!
My friend had a metal piece in his chest for a while...everytime he'd fly it was a bit of a striptease before getting on the plane :-)
I hope I can come up with 10 things!
Oooh...now I have to go try Wendy's chili. With a side of cream of wheat.
*Sweetnicks, I know. Not sure which doggie you meant ...st. bernard or bulldog but a bulldog puppy just moved into Swimster's apt building and I'm obsessed with it!! Cutest thing ever.
*Rose, oh come on. You'll think of 10 things, easy!!
*Amy, ha, yes yes you do. And I totally listened to Janice today and got fries with it today. MMMM good!
Wendy's rocks!! Their burgers, fries and frosties are so good! Moni, I never knew you had that metal plate! Kinda like Cousin Eddie in NL's Christmas Vacation..yikes...Sorry, bad comparison:) I just ate at PF Chang's though.
I think you should make all these blog entries into a book! Can I reserve one in advance?
XOXO,
Malibu
Ha! Malibu you are hilarious. NL Christmas? Shoot, did cuzin Eddie mention he had a metal plate in his arm? I totally forgot that part. But it doesn't surprise me. You are too kind-I would love to write a book, but not sure everyone would appreciate the fact that I love Wendy's chili, ya know? :) Xoxo!! Still need to hear engagement story.
"They had to replace my metal plate with a plastic one. Every time Catherine would turn on the microwave, I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for about half an hour. "
-Cousin Eddie, NL Christmas Vacation
Mal
That's great!! Wow, you do like that movie-haha:)
I just saw this, after deciding to tag you myself...stop by to take a look....you're too popular.
BC, to what do I owe this flattery? Ha :) Look forward to tackling the "four things" meme :)
I'm running NY this November too - but I think I'll be bringing up the back of the pack! And put me down for a copy of that novel, please.
Mebeth, do help me! Have you signed up already?
When the heck are signups? I haven't been able to figure it out on the website. And I guess I should have said I'm going to TRY and run the marathon, as I know it's a lottery-based thing.
Ha, thanks :) My dad wasn't very amused this weekend when I insisted on it but very fun nonetheless!
Okay, I need to find me some reading glasses. I swear you wrote that you sang the National Anthem at weddings. (after which the in-laws all squabble over who gets to throw the first pitch...)
Hey Mrs. D, you're funny! The two statements were separate from each other. I've sung the Anthem, yes. In addition I've sung at friends' weddings, OTHER songs, that is. Ha, hope didn't leave other people baffled and laughing their asses off :)
I ran Big Sur in 2000! Wasn't it beautiful?
Amy, unbelievable. It was the most incredible experience ever...I was on a high (but a sore one) for the next few days.
The metal plate in your arm now makes sense. No wonder the tapes I'd edit for you never aired. Perhaps your arm erased them on the way to playback. Of course you never did sing in my edit room. I loose.
I hate myself for liking Wendy's chili in the same way that I hate myself for watching My Sweet Sixteen on MTV, but I do both on occasion.
I guess a marathoner can eat what she damn well pleases!
Avery, you are too funny! So far the plate hasn't totally blown the tapes...
Heels, ha, my sweet sixteen. I can only watch that when I'm in a really good mood. Otherwise it just makes me feel like a total loser because I wasn't carried out on a lounge bed by Abercrombie models into a party of hundreds of people:)
Post a Comment
<< Home