Tuesday, December 13, 2005

TDOC in reverse-Day 2

In tune with my previous post, here's the next day's gift.

"On the first day of Christmas, my true love sent to me a Keurig in a pear tree.
On the second day of Christmas, my true love sent to me....."

The next present is something I found, of all places, in a Bloomingdale's catalogue.

I had originally thought about posting a Kitchen-Aid today. But my parents have one and while it would be a truly useful gift for anyone's kitchen, I find it so big and bulky. And it causes some serious storage issues if you don't have Martha's studio-size kitchen.

So instead, I went with this more exciting and more aesthetically pleasing Jenn-Air Attrezzi Mixer. It's a mouthful but when you glance at it in real life, it oozes cool.
You can adjust the speeds with the touch of your fingers. The mixer cleans the edges of the bowl. And just look at the pretty bowl it comes with. This is the color combo I like but there are several others. Just type in the machine in google images and you'll get a sneak peek at them.

If I was giving this to someone this year, it would have to be miss Alicat. I seriously don't know anyone personally or in the blogging world who bakes more than this ohsoclever chick from Montana. So Alicat, to you and your husband I present this virtual gift. Merry Christmas :) There's no way in heck I could really afford this puppy but it's certainly pleasing to think about having it on my countertop someday.

15 Comments:

Blogger Gia-Gina said...

Have you seen the new orange juicer from Williams and Sonoma, they look like the juicers they have here in Italy. All chrome and very industrial looking. If I ever move back to the states I am getting one for sure.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Mona said...

OOOH!!! No I haven't seen those yet. I will have to check them out and maybe it would make my list. Hope you're doing well, and your kitty? Is he still with us?

9:00 AM  
Blogger Kalyn Denny said...

Mona, I don't know if you're a coffee drinker, but if you are you should seriously consider putting the Cuisinart grind-n-brew on this list! It grinds the beans, then makes the coffee, all while you are still in bed. I LOVE THIS MACHINE. Only downside is that now I want to drink more coffee.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Mona said...

Kalyn- Seriously? Whoa now that does sound amazing. You can do it while you're sleeping? Like you set an alarm? I'm going to look it up:)

11:17 AM  
Blogger s'kat said...

Mona, this is such a cute idea! Love it!

Kalyn, which specific kind of grind'n'brew did you get? I'm thinking about getting this for somebody, too!

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This mixer looks really hip...good choice! Again, I think I would give this gift to me :) I am wrecking the whole Christmas spirit thing aren't i?

1:34 PM  
Blogger MeBeth said...

I suspect I'm getting the kitchen aid mixer as a gift and I'm worried I'm going to have to rearrange the whole kitchen to find a space for it. I only have about 2 square feet of counterspace as it is!

2:53 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

Skat, thanks so much. Yah I still need to check out the toy Kalyn's talking about.

Joey, you are fine my dear. I don't know about you, but I barely have any money to buy myself stuff to get through the year so why not a little self -indulgence once in a while when it's really just all pretend anyway!

Mebeth, ha that's great! I'm excited to see which color you get. And I'm sure we'll all be enjoying the recipes you post after using it.

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mona! I loved it, I'm going to ask for one of those for Christmas. It looks so pretty that if you don't use it's ok. It will decorate your kitchen ;)) Just kidding, I would use it all the time! Besos

4:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks awesome, and I love making (and eating the batter of) homemade chocolate chip cookies. I definitely need a good mixer though!

Check your work email- and if you didn't get an email from me, let me know! Malibu

8:44 AM  
Blogger Mona said...

Tattum-yay! That's great! I hope you get your Xmas wish :)

Malibu, ohmygod-CONGRATULATIONS!! Sorry everyone, my friend just got engaged!! AAAAAAAAAAH! I can't wait to hear about it :) And maybe this nifty thing could be your engagement/wedding/bridal shower present-ha!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Ziz said...

YAY! Aw Mona, you are my fav! :)

I can't believe how fancy that mixer is! :O

I'd have to bake up some crazy fancy cookies to honor that beautiful beast. :D

Thanks!!!!! :D

12:25 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

Alicat, there you are! I was like, errr my friend doesn't even know she got this!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

You're into big hairy men, huh??! King Kong lives again! lol. I hear the movie is pretty awesome (long, but exciting). I have to check it out! Thanks for the tip!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

Janet, I know right?? HAA :)

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.