Saturday, June 21, 2008

Spotted!


After The Cure show last night, my girls Fashionista, LittleMissSunshine and I headed to The Box. We've tried to get in to The Box on one occasion previously and it ended very very badly. I yelled at the bouncers for letting in a slew of foreigners and giving the local New Yorkers no love whatsoever.

For some reason, last night was different. We broke through the iron curtain and hung out there until the sun came up.

I could barely contain my excitement when we stumbled upon Josh Lucas in the upstairs lounge. I really really really wanted to say hello, but I chickened out. After reading in this morning on The Box fun facts, it's not that outlandish that he was there. He is reportedly a Box board member (who knew?) along with Jude Law and Rachel Weisz. And one more fun fact? The Box is the creation of Simon Hammerstein, grandson of Oklahoma! and South Pacific writer Oscar Hammerstein. I have a newfound appreciation for the place, having been in both plays as a wee middle schooler and having just seen South Pacific at Lincoln Center. "Bloody Mary is the girl I love!"

P.S. I am mildly obsessed with The Box's MC Raven O-- the svelt, bleach-haired devil covered in tattoos. He and Josh are definitely worth the trip.

189 Chrystie Street, between Stanton and Rivington Streets

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like a grand night!

4:20 PM  
Blogger The Mighty Beluga said...

little suburban girl cannot wrap her mind around big socialite city world...
cool life you've got going :)

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hate it that you chickened out -- but I would too! Why is it when I see a celebrity it's always someone like Richard Simmons???? I mean, he's a nice guy and all that, but......

4:04 PM  
Blogger Juan said...

haha, why did you chicken out? man, you must have been angry at yourself afterwards

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.