Monday, October 31, 2005

Ghoul-o-Ween

"H-A-DOUBLE-L-O-DOUBLE-U-DOUBLE-E-N spells Halloween! "
Does anyone else remember this song, whether you sang it or your kids did?
Brings me back to my favorite part of being a 3rd grader at East School in New Canaan, CT: the Spooktacular Fair we had with pumpkin carving contests (which I humbly admit I won one year with my Snowman pumpkin, covered in cotton balls) and haunted houses and games.

In honor of Halloween being one of my favorite days of the year I decided to post today all things Halloween. For some reason my photos aren't being uploaded correctly so pictures to come later.

Starting off the roundup:

P.D.Berger shares an old soundbite from 1952 when a reporter visited the alleged castle of Frankenstein. Someone was up to no good and the poor reporter was scared nearly to death.

Janice of Baker Bites brings us her cute family costume pix that will brighten anyone's day.

SheWhoEats shares a delicious picture of a Halloween treat.

Joe of Culinary in the Desert, shares tips on what to do with that Halloween pumpkin lying around the house after tonight.

AliCat shares her favorite candies with us.

The CupcakeQueen shows us pictures of some cupcakes she brought to work with her today, wish she worked at my office!

Graveyards and spiders and pumpkins are all good eye candy at Cake Fun.

Entertainment Weekly shares its 20 top scariest movies for the Halloween season. It's getting colder and darker, all the more reason to curl up on the couch and scare the buhGEEZES out of yourself and friends.

The History Channel shares some fun factoids for the history buffs out there and some other spooky stuff. I spent all day yesterday watching THC with stories of haunted houses and haunted people-it was quite a treat.

And finally our very own New York Magazine shares what to do this Halloween '05 in Boo York City.

If you have a fun Halloween post and I neglected to mention it, please drop me a line and I'll include you.... or R.I.P.......

12 Comments:

Blogger Ziz said...

Thanks for including me in the round up sista! :)

10:44 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Happy Halloween Mona!

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great fun holiday but I prefer to wear my mask all year long....

A/k/a, The Edit Man, Houston

11:39 PM  
Blogger FishTaxi said...

Happy Halloween!

5:05 AM  
Blogger Mona said...

*AC, you know it!

*Joe, thanks so much, it was great!

*EditMan, you're hilarious. Wearing the mask just adds to your aura of mystery...

*Fishtaxi, thanks so much!

*Paz, thanks for visiting.

I so wish I had my video camera last night as I went to the famous NYC Village Parade. It was quite the experience. I vowed never to go again, unless I'm actually IN IT!

8:06 AM  
Blogger Michael Mahle said...

Hey Mona,

Happy Halloween (belated, sorry)! It too is one of my favorite days of the year. I hope you enjoyed yours.

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Badge, oh yah. Have you been to the Halloween parade? If not, it's a definite must. Thanks for the Halloween wishes, it was a great one, sad it's over.

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool! What a neat idea -- you're just too clever! I did redeem myself with grandson for the mongrammed Halloween towel -- took him a Star Wars light saber lastnight. Whew!

9:03 PM  
Blogger Ed Tep said...

Mona, did you have a costume for Halloween? We were down in Palm Springs and the best costume we saw were these two guys (one with a mustache) dressed up as Star Trek girls.

1:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mona rocks orange socks.

1:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mona, could you please e-mail me?
Thanks,
Paz

1:15 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

*Badge, for some reason I didn't sign in properly, that 2nd anon comment was from me to you.

*That is so cute Janice-good thinking! I was thinking of you and the towel "fiasco." Still cracks me up, and serves as a good lesson for me later too!

*Ed Tep, yes I did have a costume, I was trying to post it on my site so everyone could see but blogspot is being really cranky these days and not allowing me to upload pix. I don't get it. Have you seen the Incredibles? I was Edna Mode, the little fashion chick :)

*Chest hair, you are hilarious. Yes I do rock the orange socks. You wouldn't believe how many people commented on those orange socks the other day at work. Thanks for taking the time out of your busy work/movie sched to write!

*Paz, I just emailed you, though you may aleady be snoozing!

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.