Wine notes
I think I'm going to start adding some wine notes here as I've found this blog is turning into a nice little reference-finder for me. It's a convenient way to keep track of recipes I've made AND restaurants I've been to. So why not add wines I've tried and want to KEEP drinking? Something I should have started a long time ago...

I tried 2 great wines this weekend with Mom and Dad. One being a 2001 Norton Ridge Pinot Noir which was surprisingly heavy with flavor. It hails from the Russian River Valley and is bottled by Brigg's Cellars out of the Napa and Sonoma Valleys. When we poured it into our glasses the color was a bit alarming. It was so light I was worried there would be no flavor. And on top of that when I swirled it around in my glass it had no legs.
Don't judge a glass of wine by its color, the lesson I took away from this. A glass of this wine had more pep to it than the Alabama A&M marching band. Its flavors were round, full-bodied, not too heavy on the oak, and had a slight spicy pepper aftertaste. A definite must the next time you're off to the liquor store. The label here is from their Chardonnay bottle, the same design as its pinot noir.

I tried 2 great wines this weekend with Mom and Dad. One being a 2001 Norton Ridge Pinot Noir which was surprisingly heavy with flavor. It hails from the Russian River Valley and is bottled by Brigg's Cellars out of the Napa and Sonoma Valleys. When we poured it into our glasses the color was a bit alarming. It was so light I was worried there would be no flavor. And on top of that when I swirled it around in my glass it had no legs.
Don't judge a glass of wine by its color, the lesson I took away from this. A glass of this wine had more pep to it than the Alabama A&M marching band. Its flavors were round, full-bodied, not too heavy on the oak, and had a slight spicy pepper aftertaste. A definite must the next time you're off to the liquor store. The label here is from their Chardonnay bottle, the same design as its pinot noir.



1 Comments:
I know what you mean Mona. it also happens to me, I've got bad memory, and except of 3 or 4 wines, I don't usually remember the names of the ones I like...the blog it's perfect for not forgetting...It's a shame that in Spain it's not easy to find foreign wines...
Besos
Post a Comment
<< Home