Meme of 2 tails

Barbara of winosandfoodies tagged me for this meme, orginating from Basic Juice. I decided it'd be appropriate to wait until the end of September (my favorite month for obvious reasons) so I could delve into 30 days of fabulous wining and dining. Can you believe it's already October? I have to start figuring out what I will be for Halloween. Ideas are always welcome.
So, onto what the best wine-food pairing was in the past 30 days...
It would have to be the halibut and cabernet sauvignon I had at the Bernard's Inn in Ridgefield, CT. My parents took me here for my birthday celebration, and I'm happy to say I chose the place.The halibut was delicate and juicy and tasted fabulous with a bottle of '02 Lazali, a Chilean cab from the Maipo Valley. I know I know, who eats fish with red wine. But it was light and not too oaky and went very well with the lightness of the halibut. The halibut was served over a wild mushroom risotto, which was one more reason to love the red wine choice.
Now onto another month's adventures in food and wine.



9 Comments:
Ha! Two tails - I love it. I've added a link to your post on the Basic Juice Meme list.
Halibut and a smooth Cab. Sounds like a great match.
Cheers, Beau
Thanks Beau !!! Awesome, somebody's awake this Saturday!
Sounds great Mona. I can't imagine fish served with mushroom but I guess it would tie together the fish and cabernet.
so cute! love the tails :)
My mom once made a white fish ( cant remember what it was ) that was served over a long grain rice with mushrooms and it was excellent....and now that I think about it the right Red would have been good with it! I love nutty wines with mushrooms.
*Barbara, yes. The thinly-sliced portobello mushrooms on top of the fish were interesting. In a good way:)
*Catesa, glad you liked the tails. Thought it made for a cute take on the meme...
*Indyfoodie, thanks for writing. Ha, so funny people can't imagine a red with fish. But I swear it was yumm-ay!
Hey Mona! Thanks for tagging me! There is only one problem... I can't drink any alcohol! (Trying to get pregnant)
So it would probably be best to tag someone else...SORRY!!! I appreciate you thinking of me! :)
D'oh! I totally forgot! But of course, I'm so silly...okeydokey!
Alicat-
Doesn't alcohol help in getting pregnant? wink wink.
NY Burrito boy
Post a Comment
<< Home