Thursday, September 08, 2005

To Go List :

As I've started sharing my blog with family, friends, and coworkers, restaurant recommendations are slowly starting to trickle in. And I'm realizing I need to have a place where I can keep track (what I need to do with movie rentals too). So here it goes...I'm going to constantly update this, and feel free to leave your comments/recs and it will be a permanent resource for you and me...on those many evenings where the question is not "What's for dinner?" but "Where should we eat?"

*Bellhop works with me. He's a beanstalk but eats like a 300-pound football player. He's a true NYC foodie and somewhat of a West Village snob, but he knows his restaurants and I would trust his picks:

Artisanal
French
2 Park Ave. at 32nd St.
212-725-8585
(if you can't eat here at least go and check out the cheese counter and bring some yummy fromage home with you)


The Harrison
American
355 Greenwich St. at Harrison St.
212-274-9310

Red Cat
American/Mediterranean
227 Tenth Ave., (between 23 and 24th St)
212-242-1122

*Foodie has written a couple comments on my blog, which I appreciate. Check out his recommendations for some UWS dining:

All State Cafe
(for "phenomenal" burgers)
250 West 72nd St., between Broadway and West End
212-874-1883


Cafe Luxembourg
American/French
200 W. 70th St., between Amsterdam and West End Aves.
212-873-7411

'Cesca
Italian
164 W. 75th St., between Amsterdam and Columbus Aves.
212-787-6300

Compass
American
208 W. 70th St., at Amsterdam Ave.
212-875-8600

Harriet's Kitchen
American/Southern Soul
502 Amsterdam Ave., between 84th and 85th Sts.
212-721-0045

Nice Matin
French
201 W. 79th St., at Amsterdam Ave.
212-873-6423

Indy Foodie likes :
Le Bateau Ivre
French
230 E. 51st St.,between Second and Third Aves.
212-583-0579

Nornabelle loves:

Bluesmoke
116 E. 27th St., bt Park and Lexington Aves.
212-447-7733

Westville
210 W. 10th St., bt Bleecker and W. 4th Sts.
212-741-7971

or

Westville East
328 E. 14th St., bt First and Second Aves.
212-598-9998

Grey Dog's Coffee
33 Carmine St., bt Bedford and Bleecker Sts.
212-462-0041

CC recomienda:

El Cocotero
Venezuelan
228 W 18th St, bt 7th and 8th
212-206-8930

Pesce Pasta
Italian
59th and 1st

Il Vagabondo
Italian
62nd and 1st

Winette recommends:

Pair of 8's
568 Amsterdam
(212) 874-2742

Enoteca i trulli
121 E. 27th St (and Lexington)
212-725-6516

7 Comments:

Blogger Farmgirl Susan said...

Hi Mona,
I linked here from the nice comment you left on my blog, Farmgirl Fare. Thanks for your kind words and taking the time to write. Wow, NYC must be a big change from California. I certainly envy your proximity to all those yummy restaurants! : )

P.S. I like the name of your blog. : )

2:29 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

Farmgirl, thanks so much for writing. I'm honored to hear from you!!
And will be keeping in touch!
If you ever come to visit look me up!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Coodence said...

Hi Mona,

Now I link to you, too!

Great cheap eats:

Wogie's - excellent cheese steaks
Galanga = surprisingly delicious and fresh thai food

And awhile back you asked where Po was and I neglected to tell you. It's on Cornelia Street betwixt Bleeker and 4th Street. It used to be Mario Batali's restaurant, but he's since moved on.

Caroline

3:51 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

Oh no you di-ihn't!! Swimster is going to flip out at the cheesesteak recommendation!
Cheesesteaks and burritos are his cheerios if you know what I mean. I'm more of a burrito person but may be easily swayed...I will definitely have to try and get back to you! Thanks so much!!!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

violet..thanks for tuning in :) are you in va? or ca? i'm confused..
yah. i have a book at home, can't wait to fill in the blanks here because there are a lot of them...
i'm already bummed b/c i have no fun dinners on the radar coming up..but it's my birthday month so that should be changing!!!!

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been desperate to try Artisanal at some point. Great idea to post friends' recs!

7:09 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

*Nosher, I just saw this comment! Good thing I noticed. How's it going? Yes, feel free to post any recs you have. Maybe we can make a date out of Artisinal one of these nights!

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.