Posto-thin crust pizza revisited
Trevor, AKA "Swimster"(newly dubbed by our friends HungryMan and Nosher of NYC Nosh), took me to Posto, right around the corner from his apartment for pizza. If you think you've had thin crust pizza, think again. Little did I know in this little pizza joint, and that's what really best describes it, I'd find the thinnest, best-tasting pizza I've had in the city. I guess that's not saying much seeing that I've had few thin crust pizzas here at all (usually it's the monster slices from the small no-name walk-in walk-out pizza stops) but Posto's version hit the spot. And that's all anyone's really calling for at 9pm when neither of us could put our finger on what the heck we wanted to eat.
Posto is small and there are a few benches outside hugging the restaurant's walls (Posto sits on the corner of 2nd and 18th). You walk in to a few booths right off the restaurant bar and a couple tables in the back close to the kitchen countertop. We scored a booth, fit with the wiry pizza tray holder, hot pepper flake shakers and all.
Swimster felt he wanted to have a beer but I coaxed him into having a bottle of white wine. We chose an Italian bottle whose name escapes me right now, which isn't a huge deal because it was too bitter for Swimster and we wouldn't have it again anyway.
The pizza we ordered was a little bit of everything, some sausage for Swimster the meat-lover, some sun-dried tomato bits for me, some basil for both our tastebuds, and some clouds of sliced mozzarella which had turned into marshmallowy looking gobs on top. Calling it pizza seems to be a disservice. It was too light and refreshing! I didn't feel sick after having a few slices and unlike most goes at pizza, I actually felt like trying a new pizza the very next day. (I think Swimster scored a couple of pieces of leftovers for the next day's lunch attack.) The crust was paper thin and just the right crunchiness. A pizza with no sogginess and no burnt pieces is a true accomplishment.
I decided to try some of their prosciutto and melon appetizer I would skip next time. Not enough prosciutto and too much melon for me.
The service was very friendly and we both left glad to have found a local joint that would please both of us, on those many a nights when neither of us wants to call the shots, or the restaurant.
Menu

310 Second Ave. (at 18th St.)
212-716-1200
Posto is small and there are a few benches outside hugging the restaurant's walls (Posto sits on the corner of 2nd and 18th). You walk in to a few booths right off the restaurant bar and a couple tables in the back close to the kitchen countertop. We scored a booth, fit with the wiry pizza tray holder, hot pepper flake shakers and all.
Swimster felt he wanted to have a beer but I coaxed him into having a bottle of white wine. We chose an Italian bottle whose name escapes me right now, which isn't a huge deal because it was too bitter for Swimster and we wouldn't have it again anyway.
The pizza we ordered was a little bit of everything, some sausage for Swimster the meat-lover, some sun-dried tomato bits for me, some basil for both our tastebuds, and some clouds of sliced mozzarella which had turned into marshmallowy looking gobs on top. Calling it pizza seems to be a disservice. It was too light and refreshing! I didn't feel sick after having a few slices and unlike most goes at pizza, I actually felt like trying a new pizza the very next day. (I think Swimster scored a couple of pieces of leftovers for the next day's lunch attack.) The crust was paper thin and just the right crunchiness. A pizza with no sogginess and no burnt pieces is a true accomplishment.
I decided to try some of their prosciutto and melon appetizer I would skip next time. Not enough prosciutto and too much melon for me.
The service was very friendly and we both left glad to have found a local joint that would please both of us, on those many a nights when neither of us wants to call the shots, or the restaurant.
Menu

310 Second Ave. (at 18th St.)
212-716-1200



2 Comments:
Pizza sounds good, I strive to make a thin crust, but it always is pretty thick. Great review, Mia!
Like the new look of your blog!
Thanks for checking in Melissa ? How are things in the banlieue of Paris? Your bread class?
My-indulgence.blogspot helped me put pictures in the sidebar so I have her to thank : )
Post a Comment
<< Home