Monday, September 26, 2005

Tag-I'm it!!


Well, I've been tagged for the first time as a blogger.
This is an exciting day!
I just got back from a crazy weekend at my alma mater, the University of Virginia, and had a blast (post to come), so sorry Sweetnicks for my slightly delayed response.

Here are the instructions/reference for whoever I tag next :

It's the 23/5 meme. The blogger tagged has to go to their 23rd post, find the 5th sentence, and then write something interesting about it on their blog.
So,
Delve into your blog archive.
Find your 23rd post (or closest to).
Find the fifth sentence (or closest to).
Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions.
Ponder it for meaning, subtext or hidden agendas...Tag five people to do the same.

Here is my 5th sentence of my 23rd post. Very amusing when taken out of context. Kinda like the fortunes you read out of Fortune Cookies and add "in bed" to the end of it :

If you're brunching it with a big group, calling ahead to reserve the "G-spot" is the only way you'll all fit, otherwise think about going elsewhere.

First I'll give you a moment to let those minds wander...

Good, now that you have an image in your head....to those unfamiliar, I was writing of the trendy East Village eatery called Prune. And to my amazement, they actually have a room you can reserve called the "G-spot." This was one of the first restaurants I ate at last year when I moved to the city. Nothing like the G-spot to welcome you to the neighborhood, eh? In a nutshell, the space at Prune is fine for a date, but a little bit on the tiny side for a bigger brunch crew. Now, back to my article for Cosmo magazine about the other G-spot.

Just kidding...

Have fun! I'm tagging NYC Nosh, Phoenix Feast, California Eating, IndyFoodie , and Backyard Chef.

Hope none of you have been tagged yet... hop to it!

12 Comments:

Blogger s'kat said...

You couldn't have picked a better, out-of-context quote, lol!

By the way, please let me be the first to wish you happy birthday!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

Ohmygoodness! You are so sweet! Wow, what a good memory you have! Thank so much!! I guess my birthday bragging paid off :) So funny how some people are so quiet about their upcoming bdays and I've always been a yapper about it.

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually Mona you were tagged twice. I've tagged you for the Meme with two tails! Happy birthday. Corks are in the mail.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Cate said...

You certainly got lucky with a unique quote, that's for sure! ;)

11:06 PM  
Blogger s'kat said...

Hey Mona- my husband and I are actually thinking of moving to Charlottesville at some point. We're open to any recommended places to visit 'round there.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Hey there! Sorry to be slow in responding, but we were out of town and had no net access. Well....Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a good one. I'll have to dig into the archives and see what I come up with since I'm one of the 'it' people now. Aw, Shucks....

3:49 PM  
Blogger Gia-Gina said...

I love foodie and gynocological works mixed together in a single sentence. Ha Ha!

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Came across your blog via NYC Craigslist and love it so far! Can't wait to read more and have now found a few more restaurants to check out in NYC.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Seth Chadwick said...

Mona,

I got your message about the tag and am working on it. I have been away for a bit. Alas, I probably only have one or two people to tag, but I will persevere nonetheless. :o)

2:35 AM  
Blogger Mona said...

*Barbara, corks came yesterday and they're at the P.O. Just in time for my party tomorrow-hooray! Now I can hang it up! That was so sweet!

*Sweetnicks, definitely very lucky!

*S'kat, I look forward to giving you some C-ville pointers. My post today 9/29 gives a few, but they are mostly college hangouts. The grownups like the downtown mall area:)

*BYC, you're hilarious! Get going with that meme! Haa, I'm so far behind..aah!

*Gia-gina, thanks for your comments. You're right about that.

*Bronxpearl, so glad you stopped by! Wow, people do use craigslist.HA! I will be checking out your blog now too!

*Seth, no worries. I'm sure you can rally a few peeps to respond to the meme! Will look forward to checking it out!

3:19 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

Paz, thanks again for your comments! I didn't realize until now you're a New Yorker. Will be adding you to my sidebar.
Happy Friday!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Hi Mona! Thanks for taggin me - that was fun!

Oh, and happy belated bday!!! We are about the same age. Jus growin up, huh?!

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.