Fridays About Town, or F.A.T.
This should be "Weekend About Town" since I'm publishing so late, but what gives? If you're in the area this weekend, here are some local diversions.
Less for the caps game (think quarters, but with Corona bottle caps) and more for Corona's Summer-bration map of where you can find buckets of the beachy brew city-wide.
Apparently there's a UFC bout this weekend (?) and a few bars are having all-you-can-drink specials, including one of my down under faves The Sunburnt Cow (go tonight for a free ice luge shot). JT's Southern Hospitality will be screening the fight as well.
A shout-out to my girl over at Fork This. She's bartending tonight at Celebrate Brooklyn.
Get those cameras ready for my favorite phenomenon Manhattanhenge.
Because this just looks sick.
The latest in glorious food porn sites for the photogs/chefs out there.
Love it or hate it (like me), it's Restaurant Week next week, so warm up your speed dialing.
Hotel Griffou smells like the next Beatrice Inn and while I've given up trying to get in to Bea, if Leo hangs out at Griffou, I'll camp out to pass go.
If you were planning a drunch (drunk brunch) at Supper, think again.
"Allons enfants de la pat-REEEE-uh, le jour de gloire est arrive..." Yes, I speak French and I'm allowed to show off from time to time. Tuesday is Bastille Day (click here for last year's ode to France) so save a little something for the Frenchies - here's an early round-up of events.
Now, if I read that Top Pot was coming to New York, I'd be really excited. Who's Tim Hortons?
If the rain comes back, go put on some ugly bowling shoes at the new Brooklyn Bowl.
Feeling lucky? Flip a coin at Kingswood for drinks.
Get your wine coolers, blankets and fold-up tables ready because Tuesday is Philharmonic in da Park! If you missed fireworks on July 4, that's reason alone to get your bootie to the Great Lawn. The fireworks at the end of the show are a stunner.
Less for the caps game (think quarters, but with Corona bottle caps) and more for Corona's Summer-bration map of where you can find buckets of the beachy brew city-wide.
Apparently there's a UFC bout this weekend (?) and a few bars are having all-you-can-drink specials, including one of my down under faves The Sunburnt Cow (go tonight for a free ice luge shot). JT's Southern Hospitality will be screening the fight as well.
A shout-out to my girl over at Fork This. She's bartending tonight at Celebrate Brooklyn.
Get those cameras ready for my favorite phenomenon Manhattanhenge.
Because this just looks sick.
The latest in glorious food porn sites for the photogs/chefs out there.
Love it or hate it (like me), it's Restaurant Week next week, so warm up your speed dialing.
Hotel Griffou smells like the next Beatrice Inn and while I've given up trying to get in to Bea, if Leo hangs out at Griffou, I'll camp out to pass go.
If you were planning a drunch (drunk brunch) at Supper, think again.
"Allons enfants de la pat-REEEE-uh, le jour de gloire est arrive..." Yes, I speak French and I'm allowed to show off from time to time. Tuesday is Bastille Day (click here for last year's ode to France) so save a little something for the Frenchies - here's an early round-up of events.
Now, if I read that Top Pot was coming to New York, I'd be really excited. Who's Tim Hortons?
If the rain comes back, go put on some ugly bowling shoes at the new Brooklyn Bowl.
Feeling lucky? Flip a coin at Kingswood for drinks.
Get your wine coolers, blankets and fold-up tables ready because Tuesday is Philharmonic in da Park! If you missed fireworks on July 4, that's reason alone to get your bootie to the Great Lawn. The fireworks at the end of the show are a stunner.




2 Comments:
Who is Tim Horton's?? My dear, I hope I am your only Canadian reader!! I don't think there is a place you can go, in Canada, without seeing a Tim Horton's cup in someones hand. I, myself, had a Timmie's today. Tim Horton's is THEE coffee chain in Canada.
ahaaaaa! I LOVE IT, danica. hilarious. so equate it to something here in the States. starbucks: US as hortons: canada? wow i feel enlightened.
Post a Comment
<< Home