Monday, October 10, 2005

Post-season sorrow

So sad, bummed, discouraged, beaten, sick, and frustrated by the outcome of tonight's game I don't even know where to begin. Please excuse my venting, I know this is kind of off the usual subject of my blog...Hideki, where was your clutch hitting I saw all season? I had faith you could pull it off at the end with 2 outs. A-rod, remind me why did Steinbrenner agree to pay you such a huge salary?! Homeruns don't count in the little games, they count here. Jeter, you were awesome per usual, but you alone can't carry the team. Giambi, a couple of hits but NO defense throwing at all. You can't throw a ball from 1st base to 3rd?!?! Sheffield, you got on base man in the last inning, I have to give you props for that, but what a lousy run for a fly ball to right field. I could have run quicker than that! Cano, you brought a lot to this team late on in the season, just couldn't put up the numbers tonight. Bernie, love you man and I know you've given us a great 15 years, but it might be time to "say goodbye to all our family...." Posada, some clutch hits in there and some solid hitting last night. Great run with Randy tonight, considering the last time you pitched with him was in July. Randy, you fully redeemed yourself in my book from Friday night, am starting to wonder if we 'd be on to the next game if you had somehow miraculously started. Poor Moose...and thanks to Gordon we only lost by 2 runs and not 7. It's too bad we have to wait around until the last day of this month, 3 long weeks away, to say "See you next season!" Only then, on the morning of November 1, will Yankees fans be able to say the score is even and the record is set once again at 0-0...

8 Comments:

Blogger Gia-Gina said...

No baseball here, can I ever explain the infield fly rule to a non-American? I don't think so. I'm a bit homesick, I know there will be no Halloween or Thanksgiving either. sigh..

9:49 AM  
Blogger Coodence said...

Here, here.

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - aren't you supposed to be in the kitchen cookin' your Daddy's birthday dinner? That should take your mind off it. Watched the Braves crap out in the 18th - that was not fun either.
Have fun tonight.
Janice

4:38 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

*Gia-Gina, I'm sure you will create your own Halloween and Thanksgiving fun :)

*Skrat, thanks for the words of encouragement. Apparently me and my co-workers and fellow Yanks fans have already moved on to NEXT season...what a drag!

*Coodence, I know you feel my pain...

*Janice, ha, in the kitchen is slated for Tuesday. We had a great night! Thanks for watching. Yah, the Braves and Astros had a tough bout. I couldn't believe the ol' geezer Clemens pulled it off. IMPRESSIVE!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Nazca said...

Sorry Mona, i just have to say...

Manchester United are too good to loose the the scousers (Liverpool) :-D

6:29 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

*Nazca, maybe soccer will have to be my new sport :) GO MANCHESTER UNITED!!

6:47 PM  
Blogger FishTaxi said...

Sorry Mona but I have to say I'm glad those "Damn Yankees" are out of there!

12:08 AM  
Blogger Mona said...

*Fishtaxi, oh no you di-ihn't! Ha, I think we can still be friends.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.