Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Dinner and a Wine Crawl

Day 29 of the T-90 Project:

I met my friend Weatherman for a last supper at Cafe Blossom. It takes us about a year to schedule dinners so I knew the likelihood of me seeing him again before I moved was slim. It's a travesty because we always have so much fun whenever we do meet up. I'd been to Blossom once before with Winette and FoxyLady and I'd really enjoyed it. When he mentioned healthy and veg, I said sure! When he mentioned detox, I said no way!

He'd been celebrating his birthweek like I often do and he was toasted. I drank the vino for the table and we both tried some tasty vegan fare. I still don't think I can tell the difference between tempeh and saitan, but both were delicious that night.

The best part of the evening was our server. Weatherman was voicing his skepticism about vegan food openly to our waiter and his response was quite amusing. He reminded me of Todd Louiso's character Dick in "High Fidelity." Dick the music snob meet our waiter the vegan snob. He came to our table with our check and a list of literature for Weatherman to read including the following:

"The Food Revolution," by John Robbins
"The China Study," by T. Colin Campbell
"Meat Is for Pussies," by John Joseph

Weatherman handed me the sheet of paper when the young man left and I had myself a new summer reading list.

Day 27:

Winette and I had a plan to hit up Terroir and Gottino in one night for a wine bar crawl. This didn't work out so well. I walked into Terroir in Tribeca, fell in love and I knew we'd be there the rest of the night.

The winetender was super friendly and helpful and had something for each of our fancies. The highlight of the evening, besides the company, was absolutely the beautiful canoli and my dessert wine.

I've never been to the one in the East Village, but this one was huge and according to Winette, much bigger and better than the original.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.