Sunday, May 23, 2010

Comedy at Caroline's

Day 42 of T-90 Project:

LilBee's mom passed away from ovarian cancer when she was a teenager. Since then her family has been passionate supporters and members of the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund. There are several fundraising events held each year and I have been fortunate enough to participate in some of them with LilBee and her other friends. One of these events is the annual comedy night at Caroline's to commemorate Madeline Kahn who passed away from ovarian cancer in 1999.

LilBee couldn't join us that night, unfortunately, but FoxyLady and I went in her stead and had a wonderful evening. We flipped when we noticed our table was front and center. I was carrying on a conversation with Joy Behar in the middle of her routine. I felt like we were buddies because of her ABC connection.

Triumph the insult comic dog was sort of a letdown. He got more gasps than laughs.

My consistent favorite of the evening is always Jessica Kirson. The other laughs included Susie Essman, Judy Gold, Robert Klein, James Smith and Rich Voss.

My goal was to get to at least one comedy show in the city before I left so I consider this mission accomplished!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.