Self-Imposed Curfew
The Big Sur Marathon is in 11 days. It's scary just typing that small number. I've started my taper -- which means less running, even less drinking and more sleeping. I was hoping to be in bed tonight by nine o'clock but here it is 9:23 and it's killing me that my lights aren't out.
Part of my plan was to come home tonight and bring you up to speed on the past two days of the T-90 countdown, but now I'm too tired and my priority is sleep. I hope to have some time tomorrow to dedicate to the blog, though work's been insane this week because I am producing the ABCNews.com ship solo.
Tonight I got carried away on a mission to find the perfect running shoe for my race. I know, who buys new running shoes two weeks out from a marathon? It's part of the weird thrill for me, along with having my nails done. Buying a new outfit and new sneakers is something that gets me fired up and since my old Nikes are probably pushing 2.5-3 years, I figured it was time for an upgrade. Three hours later I came home with a great big pair of Asics, yet no time to write. Once this marathon is over, my priorities will be back to normal (and partying;)
Until tomorrow!
Part of my plan was to come home tonight and bring you up to speed on the past two days of the T-90 countdown, but now I'm too tired and my priority is sleep. I hope to have some time tomorrow to dedicate to the blog, though work's been insane this week because I am producing the ABCNews.com ship solo.
Tonight I got carried away on a mission to find the perfect running shoe for my race. I know, who buys new running shoes two weeks out from a marathon? It's part of the weird thrill for me, along with having my nails done. Buying a new outfit and new sneakers is something that gets me fired up and since my old Nikes are probably pushing 2.5-3 years, I figured it was time for an upgrade. Three hours later I came home with a great big pair of Asics, yet no time to write. Once this marathon is over, my priorities will be back to normal (and partying;)
Until tomorrow!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home