Saturday, May 29, 2010

Cigar Parties and Room Service

Day 36 of the T-90 Project:

MissHockey invited me to the annual Sergeants Benevolent Association cigar party at SushiSamba. I went with her to the event last year so I was better prepared this go around. We were two of the only females -- not counting the scantily clad "models" who were selling raffle tickets -- and every move we made we had about a dozen suits, retired cops and donors smiling, winking, nodding and gawking at us.

This year I glued myself to some of the older gentlemen I bonded with last year and we sort of just sat and made the booze, hors-d'oeuvres and faces come to us. The food selection was slow to get going but they finally brought out a huge sushi plate after just serving countless plates of tuna tacos and sliders.

I met a new friend who was about to retire from the force to start cooking school. I will definitely be keeping tabs on him from the west coast. As soon as my skin started to smell like smoke I decided to call it a night. Adam Graves was there and MissHockey was freaking out, though I had no idea who he was (sorry, NovaCat). I told MissHockey to message me when she got home safe that night and I got the following text:

"I'm home. I may have a date."

Curious...

Day 35:

BeanieBaby was in town for a wedding dress fitting. We were trying to meet up at some point before she, her mom and sis went downtown to have dinner. I was hoping to give her a tour of NYAC over a glass of wine in the Tap Room, but then I remembered the awful dress code - no jeans allowed - so that was out of the question. There was a tornado of rain that day so we quickly scrapped our attempt to be creative and I landed in the Pierre's hotel bar.

The drinks were refreshing, but the highlight for sure was the chips and olive dish. I was about to say my goodbyes when Mrs. BeanieBaby asked me to head up with them for room service. Um...absolutely!

We had a fun girlie party in the room - BeanieBaby flaunted some of her shoe choices for the dress - we all helped her whittle it down to one - and we enjoyed our glasses of vino before food. The short smiley man who delivered our dinner set up a table for us that rivaled a seat at Le Bernardin. What a night for T-90. Thanks, BeanieBaby!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nora Walsh said...

If you think the olives and chips are good at Two E, The Pierre's bar, try the Prosciutto and Mozzarella Panini. It is delicious!

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.