Saturday, August 15, 2009

Life. Is. Good.


I keep lists. A few floating around my apartment and my head currently are: "What Mona Wants," "What Mona Needs," "What to Buy," "What to Send." I feel I'd be the perfect candidate for a Filofax or a simple day planner, but I'm just not that kind of girl. I own a man's wallet for chrissakes. If I have plans with you, it usually means your name is scrawled over a square on my calendar at work in a big blue Sharpie. My co-workers either think I'm really popular or I run one hell of a private escort service. I have a lot going on in the next few weeks and I apologize if my blogging suffers from it. I will try my best to squeeze in a few home-on-the-couch-in-PJs nights and QT with the Apple.

In the meantime, here's a look at my upcoming agenda. I've been in an inexplicable funk over the last few days (eh, half inexplicable half... you know) and it would have behooved me to have written this sooner. When I get down, thinking about all the good stuff going on in my life usually helps. Now re-reading this list below I want my "no sniveling" alter ego to slap me up the backside of the head. "Whatchew sad about woman!?" she'd yell. Being blue when nothing particularly bad is going on in your life seems rather ridiculous, but hey, it happens to the best and the brightest of us... right?

Things I have to look forward to:

*my weekend in Boston with SassyScrubs: dinner at Hamersly's Bistro tonight, off to Manchester-by-the-Sea for a beach day, party in Sassy's apartment tomorrow night and hanging with Cardinal on Sunday (and I get to try my hat at some matchmaking)

*it's my turn for FTDC in September and I get to bring the crew to one of my favorite spots. Already thinking a possible return to Freemans, Babbo or Balthazar

*NYAC's White Party. Although it's sold out, I'll either hop off the waiting list or sneak in like a thug and dance for a couple of hours. Think wedding reception without the wedding. Good times.

*PoloChick is home and I look forward to her unconditional love for all things happy and frothy.

*I got invited to the UWS Whole Foods sneak peek/pre-opening bash. I've been counting down the years and months and days now and I can't wait for my first run around the aisles -- and it's only four blocks from my apartment!

*@LCrizzle's birthday bash in Baltimore. The girl's come up to New York for my birthday and other fetes countless times, it's high time I get my fanny down to B'more for some flip cup and other alcohol-induced shenanigans.

*Labor Day weekend and friends at CalGal and Spirit's place in Amagansett. Fashionista, TriGal and I will all be tearing up the house and its environs. Look. Out. St. Germain will be consumed in high amounts.

*Warrior's wedding in a little place called Aspen. I cannot wait to catch up with him, NavyHawaii and all my other buddies and to play in a town I called home for a year after graduation. Sorry, New York, I may not come back.

*a birthday which will remain numberless... and a weekend-long celebration in Miami (although I can't decide if I'm actually looking forward to this birthday that will remain numberless or not)...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh crap...i think i'm addicted to your blog. i can't wait for everyone to be in Aspen. counting days...hours even.

-"Warrior"

3:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

don't say "oh crap." that's a good thing! ha;) although this means i may need to update it more often. all of us are counting down the minutes too. i want this week to go by fast and next week to last forever. cannot. freaking. wait.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.