Friday, February 27, 2009

Spotted!


TheTustler: When do I get to make my Mona's Apple debut?
Me: Now. (read as soon as I get my act together)

TheTustler is a bigger eater than I am. The kid goes out to eat about four to five times a week and could write his own guide book to city eats. Wednesday he had some company at dinner and wanted to share it with the Apple.

Hey Mona, I had a great celebrity spotting yesterday at Elio’s. While eating dinner amongst a sea of chooches* on meatball Wednesday**, who should walk in but Bill Clinton. I’ve been in restaurants often enough when celebrities walk in, but I've never heard conversations stop as quickly as they did for good ol’ Willie. Needless to say, Hillary wasn’t with him (which would ruin those delicious meatballs for everyone), but there were two secret service guys sitting conspicuously at the table beside his. I’m no prize, but I sat there thinking to myself: “There is not one girl in this restaurant who would rather be with me than that 63-year-old man.”

*For the uninitiated, a chooch is anyone that is immediately identifiable as working on Wall Street, usually wearing a fleece vest (emblazoned with broker logo) over a button-down shirt, slacks and Ferragamo loafers with a general air of self-importance.

**Chooches flock to Meatball Wednesdays at Elio’s like elephants to a watering hole during a drought. If it weren’t for those delicious little meatballs (which cost $2 each and are scarfed down by the dozen), Meatball Wednesdays at Elio’s might be the most intolerable eating experience in NY.

And, TheTustler, you are a prize and I'd take you any day over that chooch. Now gimme my meatballs!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm kind of sad that no one felt that it was worthwhile to comment on my guest post. I'll work harder next time.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

somebody at work commented on it on facebook saying they liked it at least :) and you know I did! we'll have to shoot some pix of our adventures on saturday and post 'em. already thinking where we could eat drunk that afternoon...get your thinking cap on now!

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.