Friday, November 14, 2008

Word of Mouth

My hotspot correspondent Ray LeMoine shared a follow-up e-mail report to his initial take on The Eldridge:

RL: Dude, went to The Eldridge last night and the place was empty at 12:30-1 A.M. All dudes, only a few girls, mostly ugly ... The owner was hitting on the girls I brought!
Me: Shut up. Ahhhh! That's so friggin' hilarious.
RL: It was l-a-m-e. Even the promoter came to The Box...

And my co-worker, MomoManiac, of Ko reservation-making fame, asked me if I planned on going to check out the new Momofuku spot, Bakery and Milk Bar. The IM went like this:

MM: you gonna check out the new momo spot?
ME: i would like to, yes!
MM: my friend went to the friends and fam last night, said it was good
ME: cool!
MM: they have this bread called volcano, that has bacon and scalloped potatoes baked inside of it
ME: s---!
MM: sounds delish, and there's a hole on the top of it that oozes out the inside, hence volcano

Umm ... I was mulling food options for tomorrow night, and after hearing about this, I need look no further.

1 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Chef Chang is all over it! Tell him to open something on the left coast.We deserve some pork belly too.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.