Things I Learned This Week

Inspired by my new favorite blog, 1,001 Rules for My Unborn Son, I'm jotting down a few things I learned this week.
+ One dirty martini is enough to start off a night. Go for two and bad things happen to good people.
+ TheDude (along with Pete Wells) loves and frequents Apotheke so much, a bartender already named a drink after his girlfriend. And contrary to my tendency to pronounce things that look French in French, it's uh-PAW-thuh-key, not AH-poh-tek.
+Cafe Loup was much better the second time around than the first. I had a great steak frites there last night over FTDC.
+Jackson Hole serves a hamburger the size of my fist, the likes of which I have never seen.
+Black & White may be my new favorite bar.
+A kiss is the best birthday present, followed closely by a surprise.
+Always call a restaurant before bringing in cupcakes or else face a $30 surcharge.
+The only difference between being 29 and being 21 is the paycheck and the bills, which both cancel each other out, so there's really no difference.
+Flying cross country for a weekend is possible.
+Julius in the village is a gay bar.
+A good vacation is coming home after one week and feeling like you've been gone for months.
+I have the most amazing family and friends on the planet, I am jealous of myself.



3 Comments:
Hey Mona!
Thanks for checking out our blog; glad you liked it! Love your blog as well :)
Thanks again!
Briana from Advanced Style
Love your blog, Mona.
Where is the best bargain place to eat in New York, which might suit an Englishman who hates pretentious venues ?
double ditto. on every single point. well put.
Post a Comment
<< Home