Thursday, July 17, 2008

Cafe PureLeaf NYC

A few months ago, I would log into my b-mail for weeks at a time and not get a single note. Where are my readers' comments? I'd think to myself. But I'd keep plugging along, hoping somebody somewhere was hungry, looking for a restaurant and reading my Site.

Today the b-mail is picking up steam and I like it that way, from blogroll requests and e-mails promoting restaurants, products, books, blogs, restaurant aggregate Sites and more. Thank you for writing and I'm sorry I haven't had the chance to respond to each of you. It's been fun and I'm often curious, how on earth did you find me?

I received a b-mail last week with the following subject line, "Exciting Opportunity for Mona's Apple." As I read further, the words free samples and Happy Hour stuck out like my summer freckles. The team of Lipton PureLeaf Iced Teas invited me to be the host/bartender of one of its promotions next week at Union Bar. The thought of showing up to an event with strangers solo made me slightly nervous (that's where you come in), but upon further thought, I decided to give it a whirl. I enjoy meeting new people, I'm not shy and if nothing else, maybe I'll gain a few more readers.

I've since received four enormous boxes of the teas and I can't figure out which one I like best: the green, red, black or white. The bottles have been a hit with my co-workers as well. We barely manage to get the Poland Spring guy to come once a month, let alone have running water in the kitchen, and now we have a year's worth of iced teas in the office refrigerator.

I'm not just saying I like the teas to score brownie points with my Lipton liaison at Ogilvy. I actually really like them. They've since replaced my lunch soda. The teas are not only healthier, but they're more refreshing as well, especially on these 90-degree days.

So please, save the date, come show me your love and support, and head to Union Bar next Tuesday for some $5 alcoholic beverages with the Lipton crew and me. I will be there from 5 to 7 p.m.

After all, if anybody can make a cocktail out of iced green tea, it's me.

Cafe PureLeaf NYC, hosted by Mona's Apple
Tuesday, July 22, 5-8 p.m.
Union Bar
200 Park Ave South, between 17th and 18th St.
(212) 674-2105

3 Comments:

Blogger Yvo Sin said...

Totally awesome Mona!!!

4:18 PM  
Blogger carlydee said...

Iced green tea sounds refreshing right about now...

And to quench your curiosity, found you by chance! =]

5:49 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

yvo, aw, thanks ;) i wish i could come to your event but i have to be at work all day...

carlydee, that's great! thanks for dropping a line.

happy friday everyone!

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.