Spotted!

Top Chef judge and Food and Wine's Gail Simmons.
Where? Carebear's birthday dinner at Allen and Delancey, 115 Allen Street, between Delancey and Rivington
And it's not the first time. She follows me everywhere! Last time I ran into her at the 'cue line at Hill Country.
The judge was sitting directly opposite me and my four friends at a table with two pretty ladies. They were having a feast similar to ours, while sipping on their Delancey cocktails. The Delancey features my friend's cocktail, St. Germain, but I told the waiter, had I been with CalGal and Spirit, they would have been disappointed. The prosecco totally squashed the St. Germain sweetness, so much I asked for a side of the elderflower liqueur to add to my cocktail. Our server Graham happily obliged.
Ms. Simmons was looking very pleased with her meal, as were we. And she even got to shower her praises directly to the chef, who took a seat at her table for a good solid fifteen minutes. I was a little jealous.
Full review to come...



4 Comments:
Well, la-di-da! Running with the uber glamorous...Maybe a guest shot on Top Chef is the next step....
Hope all is well, Mona...
Whew! Livin' it up with the big names! How fun!
Glad to see your menu is up and working :D And that's awesome you saw her :)
thanks bc. umm...i HIGHLY doubt it;)
cakespy, yes indeedy. it was quite amusing.
delilah, thanks for dropping in. and i too am excited the drop down menu is working -took long enough didn't it?
Post a Comment
<< Home