4x8 Meme
The king of the barbecue, the master of all things pulled and charred, Mr. Hampton Smoker himself tagged me for this meme. And I'm just gettin' round to gettin' it done!
Four Jobs I've Had in My Life:
- Ski Boot Chick at Aspen Sports, CO
- Sales assistant at The New Yorker
- Assistant Coach of the swim team at Georgetown University
- Waitress at La Playa Hotel's restaurant Terrace Grill
- The Last of the Mohicans
- Bill Cosby: Himself
- Pride and Prejudice from 1940 with Laurence Olivier
- Excess Baggage (or anything with Benicio del Toro in it)
- Chatou, France ('91-'94)
- Snowmass, Colorado ('01-'02)
- Charlottesville, Virginia ('97-'01)
- Carmel, CA ('02-'03)
- Grey's Anatomy, a friend of mine growing up in CT plays Izzy
- The Bachelorette, a guilty pleasure
- The Ellen DeGeneres Show, I just love this woman
- Queer Eye for the Straight Guy
- New Zealand for a Christmas holiday
- Zermatt for a family ski adventure
- Maui for several family sun-worshipping holidays
- the Italian Riviera
(I went with non-blogs so I didn't cause any heartache)
Four of My Favorite Foods
- fries
- filet mignon
- pasta
- avocados
- on the set of my own movie
- Disneyworld
- sipping Mai Tais on the beach in Wailea at a sort of "Mona's Reunion," with all friends and family I've ever had and known (sounds kind of like my own heaven)
- tailgating with friends and family at a UVA football game (or Foxfield)



15 Comments:
OOH FUN! Thanks Mona!
You know, I always want to write Moner like Tony on the Who's the Boss says but it doesn't really look appropriate in print....
LOL
Moner..ha yah, that would be pretty funny. Whatever, I remember an aol name I had ...moany01. How appropriate was that?
Yo, Mo...(that's the nickname I was holding back on)...Are the wife and I invited to the beach party? I'll bring the hibachi...
I tried your fix-- thanks. The situation is completely f'ed. Oh, what have I done?
ok, we'll figure something out. rats!
Oh Mona, what have you done? :-)
Pride and Prejudice from 1940 with Laurence Olivier....HOW did I not know this exhists?????? I LOVE anything Jane Austen..oh my...going to have to rent that one!
Naz, can't wait to read your meme. Should be one for the record books.
Indie Foodie-say it isn't so..are you serious?? GO GET IT NOW!!! It's my favorite, though the recent one with Keira and the new Darcy was awesome too.
Janice, that is so funny! Are you serious?? You must have walked right by me. Oh man it was such a blast. It was me and all these Aussie babes...SO MUCH FUN! Brings back great memories. Forgetting now why I ever left...
And completely agree with both babe comments. Olivier, uh! Gives me chills just thinking about him. And DDL, "I WILL FIND YOU!" Manly man-love 'em!!! And perhaps you didn't notice him, but I had a crush on his Mohican brother too...the one who fell for the younger sister. I think I still have the movie poster kicking around my childhood bedroom :)
I lived in Cville around that time, too. Perhaps you were one of the young women I ogled on the corner.
Are you serious?! Did you go to UVA? That's hilarious!! I knew I did these memes for a reason. You never know who you'll run into.
Yep. Law school--a fact they probably want to keep to themselves. Go Hoos!
Hi Mona, Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. I am working through your archieves and all I can say is yum. I am going to have to make it back to New York soon. We just don't have nearly as many options in my neck of the woods.
Long Island...wow that is too cool. I love meeting other 'Hoos. Did you see the last basketball game? I hope this coach is doing something with the team...
Punky, hey good to see you!! Thanks for stopping by. And keep reading the archives. Lots of good NYC eats:)
Mona!!
I miss ya, girl, and the great weekend gang. I imagine it's different these days. I've been doing freelance at the peacock network... they keep extending my time... lol... and there is no limit on freelancing... so, that's where I be! Say hi to all. Glad you got to see all those movies. Go see "Transamerica" with Felicity Huffman if you want to be blown away! Capote is good too.
Hope to see ya sometime soon!!!
J
Janice-sooo true! Ha. I 'll have to visit Aus. someday and drink with them :)
Janet, good to hear from you. Oh man, take me with you! Adam just got a new job and I'm like, I want to explore new things too!
Winette at work loved Transamerica, guess I will have to check that one out. Thanks for the rec. I never see CC anymore but when I do, I'll mention I heard from you.
Paz, I meant to watch it again last night because all the talk made me realize I hadn't seen it in a few months :) Did you see the new one? It was great too and beautiful scenery (people and places).
Post a Comment
<< Home