Monday, August 08, 2005

Kashkaval

The thought of going out to eat fondue sounded really exciting to me, as it would to anyone. And the thought of sharing it over wine with friends Fashionista and HowardRoark made it even more exciting. The meer mention of a fondue dinner seems to warm stomachs- I think of cold nights in Switzerland warming up for raclette, a Swiss type of fondue.

Unfortunately, Kashkaval did not blow me away. I think I need to look elsewhere to enjoy an authentic fondue dinner. Kashkaval, minus its adorable cheese and antipasta counter (which I would recommend to anyone ), served some rather bland and unexciting fondue. The bread was mediocre (bread being important if not the most important part of the fondue), the cheese was mediocre and even the dessert fondue was mediocre. It's as if somebody just decided to cut up some bread, heat up some plainjane cheese and call it a fondue place.

The meal was a disappointment. Hopefully I will find a better more authentic version of fondue in the city. And to top it all off the server was more interested in flirting with a kid at the bar then pouring us wine and water...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For kick-ass fondue you have to go to Artisanal - it's cheese heaven! (Let me know if you need a date/research assistant!)

1:09 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

oh my god, winette, i've been dying to go there for months now. can't seem to motivate anybody!
let's definitely plan this, soon!

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.