Jacquesimo's
We went here celebrating Quack's birthday. Quack lives with Fashionista and she's a born and raised N'awlins girl. So Jacquesimo's was the perfect pick.The decor is pretty plain, with various Louisiana knick-knacks and things hanging from the walls. There's an outdoor "deck" that branches off the main dining room which I still have yet to sit in.
Dinner entrees seemed a little over-priced. You'll end up paying mostly for the bottomless plates of cornbread sprinkled with garlic. One would think at a place with a Cajun rep they'd have a killer shrimp dish, but the barbecue shrimp was very bland and disappointing. I glanced over at Fashionista's dinner- the acorn squash entree -and wished I had ordered the same. I couldn't say no to the fried green tomatoes, which were sweet and crispy. The highlights of dinner for me were the Cajuntinis- a must, if you 're a green pepper kind of person. They were spicy with a serious kick! And the warm corn bread served on plates with an olive oil, garlic, and minced green pepper dipping tray. I couldn't get enough of this...
The staff was so-so, maybe we caught them on a bad day. In honor of my many New Orleans friends, I think I need to give Jacquesimo's another try...
http://www.jacquesimosnyc.com/index_home.php



2 Comments:
Too bad this place didn't pass the test. Do you know where else in NYC one can find this type of cuisine? The menu seemed interesting. Thanks,
AR the Video Editor......
Gumbo Café
950 Columbus Ave. (Upper West Side)
near 107th St.
212-222-2378
This place looks promising...and even more excited to read that it's right on my street, only 3 blocks away!!
Post a Comment
<< Home