We're off to see....
the home of the America's Cup races, the home of the Tennis Hall of Fame, and the former (umpteenth) home to some of the wealthiest Americans in history: the Astors and Vanderbilts.
Where is this?
Any guesses?
We're off to Newport, RI.
Swimster's spring break is this week and rather than spend just an ordinary weekend in the city (remember today and tomorrow are my days off), I decided we would take a very mini-holiday and head to the coast. Mom suggested it. Thanks Mom! We would have loved to go to Maine, or Nantucket, or Martha's Vineyard, but Newport seemed to be the closest bet. In a few short hours we'll be checking in to the Francis Malbone Inn, a bed and breakfast I found off the trusty tripadvisor.com. We'll be eating lots of seafood and hopefully enjoying a little quiet sun. I'm excited to experience the beachy town in the off season and mid-week, fingers crossed, we should have most of the sights to ourselves.
More from the road later.
Until then, Happy Tuesday!
12 Comments:
have a great time Mona! And we want pics!
Have fun Mona!! What a great idea for a little trip!
I wish you a nice time and journey.
By the way - some pics are on their way
Yeah good for you!! I am trying to go somewhere tropical for spring break myself:)
Still want to get up to NYC before the school year ends!!
Have fun- yall deserve a relaxing break!
Love,
Mal
I had a great long weekend in Newport a few years ago - if its open right now try the chowder stand at the port, it was delicious! (And the hot dogs were tasty too!!) Hope you have a great time.
Have fun...forget work! I've always wanted to go there - can't wait to read about it.
If you haven't left yet, put Newport Creamery down as a must stop. Not for the food but for the chocolate peanut butter frozen yogurt - a lesser guilt treat, unless you ask them to add peanut butter topping. Enjoy your trip - I'm jealous!
Enjoy, Mona!
Can't wait to hear about it!
Oh man, totally jealous. Hope you're having a blast!
have a fab time!! enjoy that seafood ;)
What a perfect little get-away! Have fun, relax, and post sunny pictures!
By the way, I absolutely adore tripadvisor! It's been a crucial element of planning where to stay on our European trip.
Ilva, thanks so much :)
Coodence, it was a little trip-too fast!!
BB, good to know you're catching up on your pix:)
Mal, oo, tropical? Newport was definitely NOT tropical. I was expecting it to be warmer (like it was in NY this past weekend) but oh well. I forgot my winter jacket and froze my butt off!! Ha :)
Mebeth, I'm going to guess that was closed, like everything else in town. It was ghostville!
Janice, yes, forget work is what I did :)
PaigeJenn, aaaaah! I can't believe I didn't go to this place. PB&J yogurt is my absolute favorite!!
Ivonne, I did enjoy! And the inn we stayed at had desserts that made my stomach melt, kind of like the desserts you're always posting :)
Cate, I did have a blast, though it was short and sweet :)
Catesa, oh we did :) Even if it was only chowder and lobster. I have to admit I ordered a big old steak for dinner.
S'kat, yah, after finding this incredible inn on there I will be swearing by it from now on!
Thanks to all for wishing me a great weekend! It was a blast and will be posting about it soon, though not with as many pix as I'd like :)
Post a Comment
<< Home