Monday, August 08, 2005

PJ Clarke's

If Boston's Cheers had its New York equivalent it'd be PJ Clarke's...An institution that's been in the making for 120 years. You'll find this classic NY restaurant w/ its old wooden exterior in contrast to the tall midtown office buildings it lies next to.You don't go to PJ's for a fine dining experience, but if you're hanging with Dad and feel like grabbing a beer and a burger, or a hearty cobb salad PJ's is the place. I think they still use the red and white checkered table cloths, and they'll always have a NY baseball game on in the front bar...where you'll be sure to find some yocal locals hanging out, or a set of sailors during fleet week...Very friendly staff-for the first time in my life I watched a server pull up a chair and sit with his table for a few minutes....a serious taboo in the restaurant business and something I'd never seen in my experiences as a waitress...Our friendly server greeted us with his Irish accent and left us happy with beer and good food. In the words of Dave Matthews, just "eat drink and be merry" at PJ's, you can't help it.

915 Third Ave. (Midtown East/Murray Hill)
212-317-1616

2 Comments:

Blogger Backyard Chef said...

I work right next door to this place now and am tempted every time I pass by. I've only been in this 'hood a few weeks, so I'm at a loss for eats. Grand Sichuan is around the corner, that's the best find so far-- Baluchi's on 53rd...Daisy May cart at 51 + Park any tips?

12:33 PM  
Blogger Marc said...

I finally got to PJ Clarke's last month. It reminded me a lot of Doyle's, a Boston bar that has a lot of history (actually, it's in Jamaica Plain, which is a part of Boston). The food was pretty good--especially the bubble and squeak--and the beer list was decent.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.