Mama Mexico
Went to the colorful Mama Mexico on the UWS for Halloween, and who would have thought that Halloween at a Mexican place would be fun...but the whole wait staff was decked in costume, and the icing was the short ninja guy who came tableside and hacked up avocados for fresh guacamole. Friendly staff and mucho gusto....
Menu Memorables: Swimster ordered a burrito which he devoured and I opted for tamales. Tamales, usually a good appetizer, were big enough for my ravenous appetite. A loud place great for parties and smiles....
I think it's under renovations right now but doesn't affect the inside dining...
214 E. 49th St.between Lexington and Third Aves. (Midtown East/Murray Hill)
212-935-1316
2672 Broadwayat 102nd St. (Upper West Side)
212-864-2323
*closed Mondays*
Menu Memorables: Swimster ordered a burrito which he devoured and I opted for tamales. Tamales, usually a good appetizer, were big enough for my ravenous appetite. A loud place great for parties and smiles....
I think it's under renovations right now but doesn't affect the inside dining...
214 E. 49th St.between Lexington and Third Aves. (Midtown East/Murray Hill)
212-935-1316
2672 Broadwayat 102nd St. (Upper West Side)
212-864-2323
*closed Mondays*
2 Comments:
This is my favorite Mexican restaurant in the City! I'm originally from California so have had a hard time adjusting to the "Mexican" food here. This place is great though!
Thanks for writing!
Yes, I was NOT expecting to be blown away by the food here. I thought I was going for the atmosphere, but I was pleasantly surprised.
Post a Comment
<< Home