Monday, August 08, 2005

WD-50


WD-50...One of the funkiest restaurants I've eaten in EVER...not sure I'll be rushing back. Kind of the once-in-a-lifetime thing to say you did it, but not really needing to do it again.
Went for a friend's surprise birthday party, and her husband paid for 8 of us to eat, only way I could afford being a member of the entourage...
Appetizers were the best thing about dinner. Habachi, octopus, pork belly, and cod. ...so if you're not a seafood lover, maybe this isn't the best choice. My monkfish dinner was definitely sub-par...too fishy and not a whole lot going on with it.
The only thing I can say is the people were very friendly...sat at the bar for a few waiting for friends to show up... and the decor is interesting. If FLW made a restaurant, it'd look something like this..the tall booths make for lots of privacy.
The crowd here is a little bit too into themselves and think their even KNOWING of the restaurant puts them in a different category than most New Yorkers...

50 Clinton St. (Lower East Side)
212-477-2900

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.