Monday, August 08, 2005

Jean Georges

Jean Georges...Am lucky enough to have eaten in this 4-star restaurant with my man..and he fit the entire bill..which didn't make sense to me..he's in school and I'm employed..but wasn't about to complain.
The summer tasting was $118 and when you eat at a place like this you need to just go for it, to truly walk away having experienced the Mt. Everest of dinners.
Somehow we were seated at the power table and this was pretty special, seeing that neither of us are celebs or power brokers, we just managed to look the part I guess. Drank a wicked martini and were served wine for the remainder of dinner.
Prep yourself for the amuse bouche...the fancy pre-dinner bite. Ours that night was a shrimp/quiche soup.
Followed by foie gras in a balsamic reduction..fancy word for sauce...asparagus with ICED wasabi and snapper....lobster tails...veal...and dessert.
Truly one of the best dinners I've ever eaten in my life, and perhaps will ever eat.
A note on the service, I embarrassed myself by burping EXTREMELY loud right as one of the busboys was bringing me my dinner plate..I was mortified but he just remarked with a cute " you must still be growing," remark. Says a little something about the employees, despite my rude belch was still made to feel comfortable.

1 Central Park W., Upper West Side
212-299-3900

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.