Monday, August 08, 2005

Carmine's

For a big group of hungry people..check out one of this city's institutions..Carmine's.
The mere mention of this restaurant brings a smile to my face. Never had a bad experience ..and never left wanting more food (or wanting to eat for the next week). There might be tables of cheezy tourists and big birthday bashes but the place is so huge that you'll feel like you're having your own party...however big or small the group. I can eat my own hungryman dinner and my boyfriend can as well, so don't listen to us when I say order a pasta and a meat for dinner. If you're only 2 I suggest a salad and an entree. The meatballs are excellent as an appetizer itself, and don't go if you're on Atkins...who is anymore? The garlic knots are amazing. Servers come to your table frequently to repour the garlic/olive oil combo for bread-dipping. All plates are family style and leftovers are always a treat.

Click here for menu

2450 Broadway, (Btwn 90th & 91st)
212-362-2200

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you here as well. Carmines is on my list of tourist venues. The atmosphere in the bar area is also good to experience. It's NY like only NY can do. You can of course open a Carmine's in Houston or Denver, but it wouldn't be the same. As a side note, the owner of Carmine's also owns Ollies Noodle House on the same street, as well as Virgil's BBQ. Also, nice tourist places.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Mona said...

Wow, I had no idea the owner of Carmine's owned Ollies...that's hilarious! Very Italian meets very Chinese...interesting!
Now maybe I'll have to give Ollie's and Virgil's a try.
Thanks for the comments!! Always enjoy getting to work and seeing if anyone's out there reading.

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadly Ollie's isnt open anymore, I think they moved actually...very good though. We couldn't get into Carmine's one night and went to Ollie's next door and the biggest egg rolls ever made!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Andy F. said...

Just went there today for my daughter's birthday... everyone came hungry and left VERY FULL AND VERY HAPPY. We bought the Carmine's Cookbook for $29 just so that we could make the meatballs. This place is a treat because the food does not have the rich Northern Italian cuisine, just mounds of Southern Italian. Molto Buono!

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.