Friday, April 11, 2008

All My Bags Are Packed



I am ready to go!

Oh man, why did I take that last Tequila shot?
The egg sandwich this morning put my stomach in a knot.

The clock is barely ticking -- it's like watching paint dry.
The darn minutes just won't go fast enough. Sigh.

At noon they are letting me out of the gate,
And please, God, for a taxi, I hope I don't wait.

I'm off to the airport to catch my flight.
If I'm lucky I won't be stuck there 'til night.

Thank goodness I chose United to fly.
Those kids on American are sure to cry.

Where am I headed? You might say.
To the good ol' town of U-V-A.

The swim team of yore descends on the town,
To honor many a teammate's new Hall of Fame crown.

I'm excited to see my friends of the past,
But I fear the weekend will go by way too fast.

I'm certain to be sotally tober the entire time.
Can you give me a vodka soda, please, and add a lime?

It's Hoosfest meets Boozefest from dusk till dawn,
I type this with excitement, but admit I fight back a yawn.

Reliving the glory days is how we do,
And we're not afraid to admit it to you and you and you.

It will be short, but it will be sweet, with much craze.
Proud to be a Wahoo till the end of my days.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww love it. WAHOOWA!!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

what a talented poet! have an awesome weekend. :)

11:51 AM  
Blogger Mona said...

haa. that's a hoot, erica, but thank you;)

12:07 PM  
Blogger JULIANJR said...

MONA

I AM THE ONE WHO BOUGHT THAT BOTTLE OF 1787 Y'QUEM FOR OVER $ 100,000 A FEW YEARS AGO

CONTACT ME IF YOU WANT TO NOW WHY

JULIANJR

3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.