Sunday, March 16, 2008

Haste Taste: Jerusalem


Who: Me, Myself, and I

What: a giant falafel sandwich

When: about a month ago

Where: Jerusalem, 2715 Broadway, between 103rd St & 104th St

Why: Because of an insider tip and a craving for falafel and hummus

Scoop: If dudes are trekking all the way up to 104th Street from their downtown apartments and offices to eat the shawarma at this place, it has to be legit. The falafel was excellent, though I wish I had requested hummus in the pita. Instead I got a rather bland yogurt sauce. I hit it off with the French-Arab guy who made my dinner. I noticed he had a French accent so I asked him where he was from. When I told him I lived in France and spoke French he loved it and we proceeded to talk the rest of the time in French. I plan on heading back to eat at the counter and practice my French with my new friend in falafel.

Get in my belly!



3 Comments:

Blogger us said...

Love your blog Mona! I'll be checking in before I go out to eat from here on out.
Hallie.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Ed Tep said...

Mona, oh my goodness that falafel looks delicious. Must make my way to NYC for some good falafel. Hope you have been well!

2:29 AM  
Blogger l.a. said...

oohhh that looks good. new york seems to have great middle eastern type food. and lots of it.

one place i meant to go on my last visit to new york was the hummus place, i think it's called. i heard they have raw tahini shipped in, and that their hummus is unbelievable. oh well, next visit.

i just posted a review of yasuda, i dont know if you've been there or not. if not, i would highly reccomend it. it was around 160 for two of us with beer, sake, two apps and 80-something worth of sushi.

loved the friday link posting. isn't the jack thing wild? its just sooo expensive for a prix-fixe with no alcohol included! ack.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.