Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter



I look at my watch and am surprised to find that Easter is already here.
Happy Easter to all those who celebrate it.
I just arrived in Connecticut after having a fabulous dinner in the city with Swimster and my parents.
I luckily got Easter Sunday off because my friend and co-worker SuDokuGal was generous enough to work in my place. So tomorrow (or should I say today) I spend my first Sunday at home in a while, relaxing and enjoying the goods my parents bought from Arthur Avenue on Friday.
I don't think there will be any Easter egg hunts involved, but if anyone wants to send me a Cadbury creme egg, feel free.
And I'm not sure what's on the Easter day menu, if we'll be doing brunch or lunch or dinner, but you will be hearing about it eventually, I promise.
I do know Mom tells me mimosas will be in order, to celebrate something exciting that's happened to me in my professional life this week.
Happy Easter!

17 Comments:

Blogger Cat said...

now that is just the cutest little easter fluff ive ever seen... i want one! happy easter and enjoy your time off :)

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Mona and congratulations on whatever the exciting event in your professional life was.

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on good things at work...about time something good happened at work!

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT'S THE BIG NEWS???

Happt Easter!

Malibu

7:35 PM  
Blogger Butterbemme said...

Happy Easter from Europa, too.

4:12 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

What a cute little rabbit ! Happy Easter Mona.

7:19 AM  
Blogger s'kat said...

Happy bunny day! I'll see your mimosa, and raise you a prosecco- congrats!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Mona said...

Violet, yay, it's been a while since I've done a meme. I remember someone tagging me recently but I can't remember which one it was..eek! Better do meme catch-up very soon!

Cat, isn't this bunny adorable? I really want a pet bunny...

Barbara, thanks so much. I hope you had a nice weekend.

Janice, ha, I know right? Work's been the source of a lot of frustration lately.

Mal, well, I sort of got a halfhearted promotion. I'll be an AP starting May 1, instead of a PA, but not getting the pay right away. How was Easter?

BB, thanks so much. What is Happy Easter in deutscheland?

Cindy, thanks so much. I forget what Easter is in French. I'm terrible...

S'kat, mmmm, prosecco, love that!! Cheers!

Thanks for visiting everyone.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Butterbemme said...

Well, I'm not sure what you mean.
If you mean the translation of happy easter, in Deutschland it means "Frohe Ostern".
And If you mean the kind of celebration, well, Friday and Monday around Easter are Hollidays. In the common way it's celebrated in the family circle. On sunday hide gifts for the relatives. Have lunch. Maybe go to church and some more easter traditions I don't remember.

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS on your promotion- you deserve it!

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, that last post was from me! Mal

6:28 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

BB, ha I meant how do you SAY Happy Easter in Germany, ok now I know:)

Mal, Thanks girl!!!!

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mona,

That bunny is too cute! I hope you enjoyed your day with your parents!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Happy Easter (belated)! Just got back from Strong Island w/ Amy and am struggling to get back to work-- speaking of which congrats on climbing the ladder...I hope it makes things better...

Cadbury egg coming up.....

12:47 PM  
Blogger Nazca said...

I bet that bunny would look better on a spit... but I'm feeling I might be alone there ;-)

Cadbury's cream eggs are dangerous little things, I'm not sure I could, with your health in mind, send you one. To be on the safe side I'll go round collecting them up and disposing of them, this should, hopefully, make sure no-one regrets getting close to the evil little things ;-)

2:31 PM  
Blogger Jn said...

Hey happy easter too!
Joyeuses Paques :-)
And of course congratulations for your promotion... see good things happen finally

11:39 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

Paz, thanks so much:)

Ivonne, I did and I felt lucky that I was able to switch with someone to get the day off. And again, my dad can't wait to try your bread recipe.

BC, Um, still waitin for my cadbury egg? Hello?!? Ha;) Hope you had fun on the other island.

Naz, speaking of evil little things, you're eeeeeeeeeeee-vil:) Ha, rabbits on a spit. Yikes. And you're teasin me about the cadbury creme eggs. I only had one this season-so sad:(

Jn, joyeuses (tard) paques a toi aussi! c'est incroyable que j'ai completement oublie le mot en francais pour ''easter'' jusqu'a ton reponse. merci!!

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.