Watch Me on 'Kitchen Nightmares' Tonight
It's been roughly nine months since I got a sweet F-bomb out of Gordon Ramsay over the name of my blog, "That would put a f***ing glass eye to sleep!"
Three girls and I had dinner at Mojito in Brooklyn, one of Ramsay's fixer-uppers on "Kitchen Nightmares," and tonight's the night it all goes down live on Fox.
Tune in at 9 p.m. ET/8C. It scares me to tell you to watch it, without having seen it myself, but it's sure to give you a good laugh. Let me know what you think, and if you've just recently discovered my blog, click here for the colorful write-up of that eventful evening.
14 Comments:
So awesome! As a fan of both Ramsay and Mona, I'll be tuning in with a glass of wine in hand.
Nice posts on your appearance on KN. Saw your original post via @grubstreetny. I've already sub in google reader. Are you on twitter?
sadly i was on for a hot second, but thanks for your support danica and heru! yes, heru, i'm on twitter. you can find me at @monasapple. look forward to seeing you there!
What part of the show were you on? Did you go to Mojitos before or after Ramsay made his changes? I watched and watched but never got a glimpse of you :-(
i was on at the very end. last 15 or so. and yes, after he'd changed the design/menu. i was sitting at the bar looking at drink menu. literally if you blinked it you missed it. ha! but more importantly, i got a writeup on nymag's food blog grub street: http://bit.ly/8ZuuNj. thanks to heru for pointing that out!
Bored at work and just found your blog, as an Upper West sider I had to bookmark it for continued enjoyment. Saw the show last night and erased it off my DVR - too bad would have looked today to check you out.
John Scat
that makes the two of us (bored at work). thanks for stopping by, john! and you wouldn't have caught me anyway - my mom watched and didn't even see me -ha!
Well, luckily I am running out of work at 3 to enjoy some Snowy day drinking and watch US Hockey at the uptown Pourhouse - which is how I found your blog. You're a very good writer, keep it up.
Aw, shux. Thanks so much! GO TEAM USA! I'm afraid I'll be on the train while it's happening but I will be sure to catch it as soon as I get home. Haven't been back to Pourhouse since it first opened. I owe them a visit.
Surprisingly this will be my first time there, looking forward to it :)
I'm watching it on hulu again. Just as you wrote Mona, you're all at the bar looking at the menu.
Amazing how the show starts like a telenovela - shouting, crying; a hot mess. Gordon comes in, assesses the situation, provides doses of tough love, does his magic and, voila, he leaves them with renewed vigor, revamped eatery and heads out into the darken street like the Dark Knight. Signature Ramsay.
Oh I'm so jealous I love Kitchen Nightmares! Lucky you!
Great Post! Bravo! Superb...I went back and read the article that you wrote in 09 and it was very good!
Enjoy Mates
I saw it-2x. Gordon is something else. I would have loved to have been an invisible fly on the wall-off camera.
Post a Comment
<< Home