Thursday, September 01, 2005

Help those hit by Hurricane Katrina

The cat's out of the bag, I'm in TV. I 'll just leave it at that...
The past week of work has revolved entirely around Katrina, its anticipation last weekend to its devastation this week.
I've seen many pictures and images most will not see and most cannot comprehend. Our reporters are down there living through it, and it's astounding.
I have a very good friend K-fo whose family is from New Orleans, and while many of us are so far away, we can help.
Inspired by a fellow food blog "New Orleans Cuisine" I'm including a chance for you to help out, in any way you can, through these websites:

American Red Cross Contribution Form

Other links to help contribute

Seeing these people without the luxuries we take for granted (clean running water, food, and shelter) makes me realize how lucky I am...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kfo here to thank Mona for her cry for help. It looks bad on tv but it's worse in real life. Please give a little more than you'd like...NOLA really needs it!

2:29 PM  
Blogger Banlieue Blog said...

Mona Li.....I'll be staying tuned to your latest posts!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Cate said...

I posted about this today too ... such a heartbreaking situation.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

I can't even begin to imagine how it is down there. The pictures coming out are just so heartbreaking =(

11:14 PM  
Blogger Seth Chadwick said...

Mona,

This week has been dreadful for everyone. Thanks for sharing your concerns. Even though I am far away in Arizona, I have such fond memories of New Orleans and am truly heartbroken.

(P.S. I responded to your question on my blog.)

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.