Sarabeth's
Sarabeth's is the perfect place for the ladies who lunch...i.e. my mom and /or any other classy females you may have visiting you in the city.I've had all meals here and you can get a quality delicious meal at any time of the day, a very unusual feat.You will want to enjoy the bread/pastry basket they bring to the table and don't hesitate to ask them for refills.
Menu memorables: Ever since I watched the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes" I've been intrigued by fried tomatoes and I thankfully tried them here, and wish I could try them everyday. They came with my spinach and goat cheese salad. After having lived in France for 3 years my mom and I became a sort of spinach/goat cheese salad snob, and Sarabeth's version was one of the best I'd had in the States...
I went against my rule (ordering ethnic food in non-ethnic restaurants) and ordered tuna in wasabi noodles. Again, something I wish I could make myself and eat on a regular basis. They were very generous with the tuna...
Swimster ordered chicken pot pie, which we noted was a little bit bland...throw some more salt in the pot pie and it's almost as good as grandma's...
40 Central Park S., between Fifth and Sixth Aves. (Midtown East/Murray Hill)
212-826-5959
1295 Madison Ave., between 92nd and 93rd Sts. (Upper East Side)
212-410-7335
423 Amsterdam Ave., near 80th St. (Upper West Side)
212-496-6280
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home