Monday, August 08, 2005

Eleven Madison Park


Decided to eat at 11 Madison during one of the City's restaurant weeks.
I guess the cuisine would be considered French-American..but it's going under fine dining.
Friendly hostess sat us at one of the tables in the large dining area...the grandeur of the building makes you feel like you're on the set of the movie "Aviator." Knew I liked the place when the waiter was more than happy to allow us to order off the prix fixe menu and a few things "a la carte."
The most interesting choice was the spinach mushroom martini...a sort of cold green soup served in a martini glass with a few crisps...the only thing I didn't like was the egg you had to stir in yourself...Swimster is a huge fan of sweetbreads and since I had never had them, I agreed to taste his...they came fried..and had the texture of a clam..but MUCH better and softer flavor...followed by a salmon bisque and lentil terrine...beef cheeks and trout.
Wine list was excellent, service excellent, and for a fancy night out...or a special occasion will definitely consider going back.

11 Madison Ave. (Flatiron/Gramercy/Union Square)
212-889-0905

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.