Mona's Day Off
Choose a photo:
A)

B)

Today I choose B.
I was going to title this post "Truancy," but then it would sound like I was skipping work. I actually have the day off because I worked last Saturday night (witnessing Phelps' eighth gold medal and proudly being able to post this story).
Rather than sitting behind my desk, plugging away (see above for the quintessential, dutiful, worker bee), I am at home, gearing up for a run and mulling options on how I could spend my day, while noting tasks I'd like to accomplish before the weekend's through.
Day Off Options (open to suggestions):
-a trip to Long Beach
-an adventure at Six Flags, probably too late for that though, right?
-lying out on the roof of NYAC
-going on a sail around Manhattan
-hitting up Chelsea Piers
-soaking up some sun in Sheep's Meadow
-going out to Travers Island
-hitting up a new lunch spot
To Do This Weekend (also open for suggestions):
-bills, paperwork (eww)
-buy ticket to Atlanta for end of September joint birthday bash with K-Fo
-e-mail teammate with list of Web sites I like so he can help me create my own
-catch up on my blog, while maybe discovering a new Wi-Fi spot
-update my iPod (so sick of my tunes)
-send "Thank You" cards
-continue vigorous training for Mighty Hamptons triathlon 9/14
Happy Friday, everyone! I highly recommend the occasional four-day work week. I'm picturing slackers' heroes Ferris B., Peter G. and Jeff S. What would they do? Overwhelmed with giddiness and joy, I'm skipping the fifth more often.
A)
B)
Today I choose B.
I was going to title this post "Truancy," but then it would sound like I was skipping work. I actually have the day off because I worked last Saturday night (witnessing Phelps' eighth gold medal and proudly being able to post this story).
Rather than sitting behind my desk, plugging away (see above for the quintessential, dutiful, worker bee), I am at home, gearing up for a run and mulling options on how I could spend my day, while noting tasks I'd like to accomplish before the weekend's through.
Day Off Options (open to suggestions):
-a trip to Long Beach
-an adventure at Six Flags, probably too late for that though, right?
-lying out on the roof of NYAC
-going on a sail around Manhattan
-hitting up Chelsea Piers
-soaking up some sun in Sheep's Meadow
-going out to Travers Island
-hitting up a new lunch spot
To Do This Weekend (also open for suggestions):
-bills, paperwork (eww)
-buy ticket to Atlanta for end of September joint birthday bash with K-Fo
-e-mail teammate with list of Web sites I like so he can help me create my own
-catch up on my blog, while maybe discovering a new Wi-Fi spot
-update my iPod (so sick of my tunes)
-send "Thank You" cards
-continue vigorous training for Mighty Hamptons triathlon 9/14
Happy Friday, everyone! I highly recommend the occasional four-day work week. I'm picturing slackers' heroes Ferris B., Peter G. and Jeff S. What would they do? Overwhelmed with giddiness and joy, I'm skipping the fifth more often.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home