Guess the Meal
My friends and I were out celebrating a birthday and watching the Final Four tournament at Town Tavern in the West Village. If only the Hoyas had gone all the way I would have won my office pool.
The party planner ordered pizza delivery to the bar since Town Tavern doesn't offer food to its customers; but after eating one too many slices on every one of my office's "Pizza Fridays," I had no stomach for pizza. One friend suggested we grab take out sandwiches from a place nearby. Here's what we came back with.

This was one of the best sandwiches I've ever tried. Above you'll see my friend's version with the mystery spot's tater tots replacing the usual lettuce and tomato as sandwich garnish. I opted to leave mine plain, but I still enjoyed the taters on the side -- so did everyone else in the bar, unfortunately, even after they pigged out on pizza.
Any ideas? Shoot me your best guess, and even if you're wrong, I'll welcome your great sandwich suggestions.
In other news, check out which restaurant failed its health inspection but will remain open.
The party planner ordered pizza delivery to the bar since Town Tavern doesn't offer food to its customers; but after eating one too many slices on every one of my office's "Pizza Fridays," I had no stomach for pizza. One friend suggested we grab take out sandwiches from a place nearby. Here's what we came back with.
This was one of the best sandwiches I've ever tried. Above you'll see my friend's version with the mystery spot's tater tots replacing the usual lettuce and tomato as sandwich garnish. I opted to leave mine plain, but I still enjoyed the taters on the side -- so did everyone else in the bar, unfortunately, even after they pigged out on pizza.
Any ideas? Shoot me your best guess, and even if you're wrong, I'll welcome your great sandwich suggestions.
In other news, check out which restaurant failed its health inspection but will remain open.



12 Comments:
Whenever I hang out with my friends, pizzas remain our unanimous choice. I guess you had a great time with your friends. The sandwich platter looks just yummy. However, I have no guess though.
I won't guess since i know the answer but it was hella good! and yes i was one of those people who enjoyed the tater tots even after putting back a slice or two of pizza.
"I had no stomach for pizza" :-0
*stunned silence*
*stunned silence remains*
*weeps*
Jessica, yah, that's how I used to be regarding pizza...
Fashionista, can't wait for dinner tonight! I was hoping to get the Babbo post done before tonight but oh well :(
Naz, oh snap out of it :) How ya' been my UK friend? My parents are in London this week...very jealous!
I know the answer too! And it was a good sandwich...so good that i almost lost a friend when i ate her leftover half....
Come on New York Foodies :)
Hint: it's a Moroccan-spiced chicken breast sandwich from...
Lenny's?!
(I seriously doubt that, but I'm throwing out a guess just for fun!!)
I'm good. Making bacon sarnies tonight. Bacon cost me a fortune, the bread is cheapo stuff. the best combination! :-)
The weather here has been quite good 15-20C. London is best in the rain ;-)
OMG You went to Babbo =( *so jealous* Well I don't know but I'll just guess Pitapocket pick a pita someplace or whatever. Boo. TELL US =D
Well, to all who were wondering...this sandwich is from Daddy O. 44 Bedford St. and Leroy St. If you're in the west village, need to grab something quick to eat, stop in and try this killer sandwich and tater tots. They are mmm mmm good.
what type of sandwich is it?
Sorry, I mentioned that in an earlier comment but realize I should have said it again: Moroccan-spiced chicken breast sandwich. SO good!
Post a Comment
<< Home