Sunday, August 14, 2005

Taste


When I lived on the upper east side, my co-worker Winette and I would hop over to Eli Zabar's restaurant Taste on a regular basis. Now being on the UWS I don't get to frequent it as often, but the cheese tray is calling my name...
I've never actually sat and ordered a full sit-down dinner, but judging by the soft-shelled crabs and sweetbreads and lobster on the menu I should go down that road.
My experience has been at the bar, tasting several wines with my friend, and ordering bites off the cheaper bar menu.
Menu Memorables: eggplant and tomato tart, olives tray, asparagus with parmesan, gnocchi, and tres francais fromage pour dessert.
I believe there is a different feel at the bar depending on who's working behind it. If there's a gentleman working named Tom, request him...he will pour you sips of any wines you like, no problem. And he's an expert with the cheeses. His cuter but less outgoing counterpart (never got his name) was a little less keen on pouring us the wines we wanted to taste, and it was obvious (my having been a waitress myself and knowing the amount of fluff that comes out from time to time) he was a total bologna artist, and did not know his cheeses.
Regardless of who's bartending, after several glasses of wine, a good time will be had.


3rd and 80th Street, take the 4,5,6 to 79th Street

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a terrific one-stop resource for trendy eateries, with a down to earth approach on rating food. I love it!!! Keep up the good work.

-Dirty Tony from Brooklyn

6:03 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

dirty tony..your comments are much appreciated!

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.