Saturday, August 13, 2005

Rocco Ristorante

When I read "Rocco" on the sign I immediately thought to myself, must dodge this place like the plague...I was not going to lower myself to eating in recently-flaunted-on-reality-tv-show "The Restaurant" of infamous chef and wannabe celeb Rocco DiSpirito.
Thank goodness this restaurant bears no relation...
For a no frills, great Italian meal Rocco's is the perfect place. You'll eat in one of the 2 small dining rooms and look at walls filled with pictures of famous celebs posing with the host Tony DaSilva. If they can eat here, I can eat here.
Menu Memorables: clam origanata, that had to compete with my dad's very own, but were good nonetheless; caprese, not too drenched in olive oil, and melt in your mouth mozzarella; tagliolini with shrimp in a thick tasty pink sauce, and ravioli in meat sauce.
Menu was affordable, portions were just right, and the wait staff was very catering to us...only thing not so exciting was the bread...which is usually a good judge of a restaurant's ''character" but not so at Rocco's.


Thompson , between Houston and Bleecker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.