Norma's
is hands down my favorite place in the city for breakfast, period.
But I'm guessing you'll probably want a little bit more information than this. Norma's can be found inside le Parker Meridien hotel, where it's not unusual to see huge crowds overflowing into the lobby sofas. No, they're not dying to get into the hotel, they're dying to get into Norma's. Monday through Thursday mornings you can walk in and be seated. Friday through Sunday (we learned the hard way) you will be forced to wait and wait and wait...for their very delicious plates. I didn't have the option of waiting one sad Friday because I had to hightail it to work...
The first time I went to Norma's was in a party of 6, my parents, Swimster, and another couple. We made it a goal to each get something different, and when breakfast came, it was like we had just entered the colorful gates of Candyland, but with breakfast. Lemons, and chocolate, and pancakes, and blackberries, and syrup, and whipped cream, and bananas, and strawberries, and even lobster...OH MY!!

Menu Memorables: irresistible banana-macadamia nut flap jacks with whipped banana brown sugar butter ( I was scolded for reaching across the table to steal a forkfull of my Dad's), light and lemony griddle cakes with crispy crepe strings covered in a blanket of powdered sugar, chocolate decadence french toast, chicken and wild mushroom omelette, upstream eggs benedict with smoked salmon and fingerling potatoes, and the explanation point to it all....lobster macaroni and cheese. It was a feast fit for any food-king.
Everything was perfection: the service is excellent and very friendly, the dining room has very tall ceilings and bright white walls as if you've just entered heaven, the tables are spaced out just enough that you'll have your own private experience...and again...with every bite of every dish we wished it would not be the last...
Click here to reserve through Open Table
118 W. 57th St. (Midtown West) between Sixth and Seventh Aves
212-708-7460
1 Comments:
Oooh! I love hearing about new places for breakfast! Unfortunately, this one's is literally an ocean away...I did enjoy your description though, and will rememeber it for when I find myself in NY :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home